Not open for further replies.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Zoom who is safer with their spot in the side Baker or Ross?
C) Sydney Stack

Nah that’s a tough one mate. Ross has looked good but he gassed a bit towards the end of last week. Not sure how he will cope with the four day turnaround either. He may get rested for Graham this week but I think he has gone past him and is best 22, so we will definitely see a lot more of him this season.

Riewoldt is back this week so I think one of Baker, Bolton or Castagna will make way (assuming Lynch gets up). I think Bolton probably gets dropped as he’s still a bit small plus he tends to drift in and out a bit too much.

The problem with Baker is that he’s competing against another seven players that all play a similar role to him whereas Ross probably only has to fight off Graham. However Ross is younger and may struggle to back it up week in week out.

I don’t think you can lose with either and I think they will both play plenty of games. If I had to choose one I would probably go with Ross, especially if he plays this week, just because we are very thin in midfield. If I had to make a best 22 with all our players available bar Rance, Ross is in it and Baker probably isn’t. Hope that helps lol.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
C) Sydney Stack

Nah that’s a tough one mate. Ross has looked good but he gassed a bit towards the end of last week. Not sure how he will cope with the four day turnaround either. He may get rested for Graham this week but I think he has gone past him and is best 22, so we will definitely see a lot more of him this season.

Riewoldt is back this week so I think one of Baker, Bolton or Castagna will make way (assuming Lynch gets up). I think Bolton probably gets dropped as he’s still a bit small plus he tends to drift in and out a bit too much.

The problem with Baker is that he’s competing against another seven players that all play a similar role to him whereas Ross probably only has to fight off Graham. However Ross is younger and may struggle to back it up week in week out.

I don’t think you can lose with either and I think they will both play plenty of games. If I had to choose one I would probably go with Ross, especially if he plays this week, just because we are very thin in midfield. If I had to make a best 22 with all our players available bar Rance, Ross is in it and Baker probably isn’t. Hope that helps lol.
Not particularly lol. I've got Stack already but I'm keen to get a forward rookie into SC so that's why I was hoping to hear that Baker was safe. From an outside looking in I thought he was in competition with Butler who was dropped. Only really need him to keep his spot for 3-4 weeks to make coin

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Not particularly lol. I've got Stack already but I'm keen to get a forward rookie into SC so that's why I was hoping to hear that Baker was safe. From an outside looking in I thought he was in competition with Butler who was dropped. Only really need him to keep his spot for 3-4 weeks to make coin
IMO our best 22 if all players are available (except Rance) probably looks like this:

FB: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Stack, Broad, Edwards
C: B. Ellis, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Caddy, Riewoldt, Lambert
FF: Rioli, Lynch, Higgins
R: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
I: Ross, Balta, Houli, Bolton/Baker/Castagna

Bolton, Rioli, Higgins, Baker, Castagna and Butler are all fighting for three spots, whereas Ross only has to hold off Graham. Having said that, if you only need Baker for 3 or 4 weeks, Baker will be fine, especially if Bolton or Castagna get dropped this week.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
IMO our best 22 if all players are available (except Rance) probably looks like this:

FB: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Stack, Broad, Edwards
C: B. Ellis, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Caddy, Riewoldt, Lambert
FF: Rioli, Lynch, Higgins
R: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
I: Ross, Balta, Houli, Bolton/Baker/Castagna

Bolton, Rioli, Higgins, Baker, Castagna and Butler are all fighting for three spots, whereas Ross only has to hold off Graham. Having said that, if you only need Baker for 3 or 4 weeks, Baker will be fine, especially if Bolton or Castagna get dropped this week.

I think Short would be in there. Baker to me, has played the Butler 2017 role, whereas Butler appears to have dropped off. George needs to improve his finishing, but his pressure acts are up, so he gets a game. Agree on Ross passing Graham (he appears slow this year - one paced), and Stack has been great.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I think Short would be in there. Baker to me, has played the Butler 2017 role, whereas Butler appears to have dropped off. George needs to improve his finishing, but his pressure acts are up, so he gets a game. Agree on Ross passing Graham (he appears slow this year - one paced), and Stack has been great.
I don’t have Short as best 22. He’s an absolute liability when defending, gets pushed off the ball too easily and never wins one on ones. He has been woeful since late last year and will probably get more exposed now that Rance isn’t there to cover him every game.

Sydney Stack has been so impressive. He does the defensive stuff well, puts his body on the line plus is a beautiful user. It looks like he has played 150 games already. There’s only room for two out of Stack, Houli and Short and Short misses for mine.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Not sure if anyone on here has seen the AFL Prospectus but they had Sydney Stack as the 3rd best of last year's draft crop behind Rankine & Walsh.

This is already looking like a special group. The trio from Port + Walsh have looked the goods now Stack. Smith from the Dogs looks like he'll be very handy. Jordan Clark has looked like he's been playing for years already

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Not sure if anyone on here has seen the AFL Prospectus but they had Sydney Stack as the 3rd best of last year's draft crop behind Rankine & Walsh.

This is already looking like a special group. The trio from Port + Walsh have looked the goods now Stack. Smith from the Dogs looks like he'll be very handy. Jordan Clark has looked like he's been playing for years already
What’s the AFL Prospectus?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
What’s the AFL Prospectus?
The champion data book that analyses every player on AFL lists with their reserves stats as well. And also looks at the draft crop and their U18 champion data stats.

Gives some pretty good team analysis too. That's where I first had reservations about Adelaide and Richmond and their defense doing as well with the new 6-6-6 rule because they had the least amount of times lining up that way in the past. Now it hasn't been as prevalent as many first thought and you guys have had all the injuries but there's definitely some little gems in it. For those who like stats that is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
I don’t have Short as best 22. He’s an absolute liability when defending, gets pushed off the ball too easily and never wins one on ones. He has been woeful since late last year and will probably get more exposed now that Rance isn’t there to cover him every game.

Sydney Stack has been so impressive. He does the defensive stuff well, puts his body on the line plus is a beautiful user. It looks like he has played 150 games already. There’s only room for two out of Stack, Houli and Short and Short misses for mine.

Agree to disagree. I think he had 2 poor games vs Collingwood at the end of last season and start of this year, and was injured early vs GWS. I wouldn’t write him off as a 1st teamed off that.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Agree to disagree. I think he had 2 poor games vs Collingwood at the end of last season and start of this year, and was injured early vs GWS. I wouldn’t write him off as a 1st teamed off that.
Offensively he was excellent, but he can’t defend. I wouldn’t be against playing him on a wing and competing with Kamdyn/B. Ellis for that position. His kicking inside fifty could be a real weapon plus he knows how to drill one from 55. I’m glad there’s competition for spots everywhere now. Considering we apparently got rid of all of our depth last off-season, our list looks strong from top to bottom.

We really need to beat the Dees tonight. I think it’s a massive danger game. We avoid West Coast, Collingwood and GWS for the next nine weeks, so if we can get over this hurdle and we could get a real run on happening.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Clark needs a spell for mine. Great going forward and great in the air but pushed off the ball too easily and defensively suspect.

Put Tuohy in his place imo

He’ll get a spell soon, but has shown enough already to suggest he will be a very solid player for us for years to come.

Hopefully adds some size over the next few years too.

Wasn't the devil's rule supposed to increase scoring?
Tough gig. They're trying obviously to increase scores but sometimes the proverb of you can lead a horse to water... comes to mind.
Easter Monday was high scoring because it's two coaches who don't mind attacking, especially against each other.

Some clubs will just revert back to their +1 or +2 behind the ball as soon as the centre bounce is dispensed with and the drab footy returns.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne either look like they are the worst defense in the league or when they sure that up the worst offence in the league. That’s some serious s**t they’ve got to sort out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back