The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot Yeo has been ruled out for the rest of the season. Big blow for the Eagles finals campaign.
Yep. It's a huge blow. He's massive for our midfield and it might make it difficult to win a premiership.

Apparently we will get back Redden, Shuey, Cripps, McGovern and Sheed for the first final. Sheed, Shuey and Redden will give our midfield a huge lift.

Until they start picking players in their positions the side is becoming more and more irrelevant tbh. Might as well just pick the best 15 mids

Danger and Bont on HFF flanks? Dusty in the forward pocket?

Can they also start picking actual wingers too

Until they start picking players in their positions the side is becoming more and more irrelevant tbh. Might as well just pick the best 15 mids

Danger and Bont on HFF flanks? Dusty in the forward pocket?

Can they also start picking actual wingers too
IMV the backline has some contentious selections but none are howlers either, all are defenders and all had good seasons.
I'd have gone Weitering over Moore and got Grimes in somewhere but whatever.

3 of 6 forwards going to midfielders. Only 1 genuine small forward. No medium forward, which should have been Gunston.
Guthrie and Macrae had great seasons but shouldn't have got the wing spots over Gaff, Menegola or McCluggage.

Danger and Bont should be out.

what a joke of a side. 10 inside mids in a team of 22 players. macrae's worst form of the year was on a wing as well which makes that decision laughable. butler and papley both robbed, either one of them should have been in the fwd pocket instead of Martin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was really happy for NN, Shep and Liam Ryan but like most of you was annoyed at the team.

No wingman recognised and half the forward line is just midfielders. As if the Brownlow isnt the Midfielderlow and now the All Australian team is just the All Midfield team.

Danger, Bont and Dusty just shouldnt make the team. Sure we recognise them as great mids but only so many mid spots are available and this year you werent good enough. Reward the forwards!

I bet next year FF and CHF will just be tall midfielders.

Most people: AFL sucks these days. Not enough goals being scored.

Also most people: All Australian sucks. Not enough forwards being recognised. :p

Having said that I do agree with the sentiment. But just imagine, no Dusty, and the Tigers (flag favourites) win the Premiership...looks a bit silly with no Tigers in there at all.

Yes, we are an even team, and yes, if Dusty can’t make the main midfield positions, then he should be bench only (unless he plays majority forward and boots bags). Grimes was stiff however. Best defender in the league.

Most people: AFL sucks these days. Not enough goals being scored.

Also most people: All Australian sucks. Not enough forwards being recognised. :p

Having said that I do agree with the sentiment. But just imagine, no Dusty, and the Tigers (flag favourites) win the Premiership...looks a bit silly with no Tigers in there at all.

Yes, we are an even team, and yes, if Dusty can’t make the main midfield positions, then he should be bench only (unless he plays majority forward and boots bags). Grimes was stiff however. Best defender in the league.
I do think it was weird that only Dusty made it from the Tigers but having said that you guys are a really even team and dont have any real standouts. That's actually good as you dont rely on certain players to win you games.

Dusty had a good year but not an AA year. The forward line of the AA team was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back