glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
One thing that continues to amaze me is the inability of the opposition to be able to tackle Ablett properly. Even after all these years, he still somehow someway is able to break a tackle or get a clean disposal out. It’s an art form in itself.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
One thing that continues to amaze me is the inability of the opposition to be able to tackle Ablett properly. Even after all these years, he still somehow someway is able to break a tackle or get a clean disposal out. It’s an art form in itself.
He’s very strong at the hips, in his prime it was such a pleasure to watch.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
He has had an incredible incredible. He needed a few early years early in his career to become who he eventually became but when he did, he was amazing. Snr and Jnr are the greatest Father/Son duo this sport has produced. And considering the genes, could we perhaps get another amazing Ablett generation in the future?
Gaz’s little boy is quite ill with a rare degenerative disease. Would love another Ablett playing for Geelong in the future though.

Cluggage

BigFooty Free Trial
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chargers, Padres
Saturday night sucked, but I feel honoured to have watched the little master in the flesh in his 2nd last game.

I was over it by yesterday afternoon - Geelong were immense. Monstered us around the contest and executed their system to perfection. I really hope they go all the way.

Cameron is a fantastic get by the Cats. Their list management is unmatched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea

Unlucky son.
Reading that a few are saying the same thing as Jod. Judds absolute best was better or at least as good than Abletts, but Abletts been by far the better player over a career.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Reading that a few are saying the same thing as Jod. Judds absolute best was better or at least as good than Abletts, but Abletts been by far the better player over a career.
Those people are clearly forgetting 2009-2014 Ablett then. He legitimately was unstoppable right up until Macaffer tackled him and he did the shoulder. Multiple seasons over 30 touches and 1+ goals a game. Rarefied air.

Jod then made the deluded, and biased, decision that he’d pick Judd.

Ablett is discussed as possibly (wrong) being better than his father (AFL TOTC member) and is mentioned in the same esteem as Matthews (AFL TOTC member). I’m sorry but Judd just isn’t fit to be compared to him and he was an excellent player in his own right.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Judd’s best started a lot earlier than GAJnr. Ablett polled 14 Brownlow votes in his first 5 years in the league. Judd had polled 78 and won the award during that period. He came to Carlton and won another one but he had started to decline in the last 3 to 4 years of his career and retired early in 2015. Both incredible players who had very similar down years late in their careers.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I just saw that Fantasia has nominated Port Adelaide. Dodo must be thrilled. His dream of getting Neale, Witherden, Walsh, Wines and 6 first rounders through the door is still on...

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Those people are clearly forgetting 2009-2014 Ablett then. He legitimately was unstoppable right up until Macaffer tackled him and he did the shoulder. Multiple seasons over 30 touches and 1+ goals a game. Rarefied air.

Jod then made the deluded, and biased, decision that he’d pick Judd.

Ablett is discussed as possibly (wrong) being better than his father (AFL TOTC member) and is mentioned in the same esteem as Matthews (AFL TOTC member). I’m sorry but Judd just isn’t fit to be compared to him and he was an excellent player in his own right.
I'd take Gaz Jr over his old man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom