glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Yeah, something not right at the Pies. Wouldnt be surprised if they were over tge cap and the AFL gave them the chance to fix it.
I can’t quite recall any other trade period like this, offloading that much ready made talent for (relatively) peanuts. Truth will come out eventually, however it’s been quite amazing and ridiculous to watch it unfold.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
My Pies mates are filthy about the Stephenson deal, and the fact they need to keep playing Beams. Absolutely ropeable.
Imagine having to fulfil a contract under the salary cap. That'd be like us making Buddy retire at the start of this season and being upset we can't just get out of the last 3 years of his deal.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
I can’t quite recall any other trade period like this, offloading that much ready made talent for (relatively) peanuts. Truth will come out eventually, however it’s been quite amazing and ridiculous to watch it unfold.
Yep, certainly fishy sh*t going on at the pies.

JUH points and Treloar with wage contribution for essentially a future 2nd is madness

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Just put a microphone in front of Treloar and Stephenson. I reckon neither one of them would be shy about spilling everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
What's lol about that. He's fringe at Brisbane, he's likely gonna be fringe here, I think it's more a look at when Jetta and Hurn retire.

Gov, Barrass, Sheppard, Duggan and Hurn are locks down back. So Witherden is fighting for that last spot with guys like Tom Cole, Nelson, Rotham, Jetta etc..

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
What's lol about that. He's fringe at Brisbane, he's likely gonna be fringe here, I think it's more a look at when Jetta and Hurn retire.

Gov, Barrass, Sheppard, Duggan and Hurn are locks down back. So Witherden is fighting for that last spot with guys like Tom Cole, Nelson, Rotham, Jetta etc..
How the hell is he fringe?

DBAH0

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Texas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#GSBOUT
I was a bit annoyed we didn't go after Witherden because he's a Geelong local but we can't get Jordan Clark a regular game ATM with 3 new additions so he wouldn't get a regular game for us.

Remove this Banner Ad