The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should’ve labelled it correctly.

600983.jpg

Bad Willie.

Only a small about of bud, though as a professional footballer that is brainless. Definitely not a mensa candidate, this one.

I do feel for him. Have witnessed first-hand, drug activity by AFL players at Melbourne parties/nightspots. Many of them are still actively playing and on substantial contracts. Can Riolis's conduct really be segregated from other incidents? We all know about Franklin's three strikes, and Whitfield copped just 6 months for an offence not very dissimilar to Willie's.

Only a small about of bud, though as a professional footballer that is brainless. Definitely not a mensa candidate, this one.

I do feel for him. Have witnessed first-hand, drug activity by AFL players at Melbourne parties/nightspots. Many of them are still actively playing and on substantial contracts. Can Riolis's conduct really be segregated from other incidents? We all know about Franklin's three strikes, and Whitfield copped just 6 months for an offence not very dissimilar to Willie's.
Willie is currently on a 2 year drug ban. Imo he should get no rope here. Sacked by West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha oh yeah you think Gov and Hurn are sh*t.

Lol. :D
Not s**t, just overhyped and overrated.
😂 😂

He will get a slap on the wrist. It's a tiny bit of weed. What a non story.

He will be back playing later this year for us without a doubt.
As if you last long enough for him to make it back.
1-2 finals max.

Available last round then bye... Off no footy for two years.
Yeah good luck.

Not sh*t, just overhyped and overrated.

As if you last long enough for him to make it back.
1-2 finals max.

Available last round then bye... Off no footy for two years.
Yeah good luck.
I can see us winning this weekend to move to 6-3. Everything looking rosy here mate. Still on track for top four and an assault on a flag.

Just curious on people's revised thoughts on Swans. I think we've been written off a bit because of that GCS loss (the GWS loss in context now looks acceptable), but a win over the Cats who just demolished the Tigers, and the Dees closest win of the year has us in pretty good shape. I think a lot is about keeping Hickey fit, but think our next three is Collingwood, Freo and the Blues. If we win all those three are we back in the conversation for Top 4 or has that ship sailed in people's minds?

Just curious on people's revised thoughts on Swans. I think we've been written off a bit because of that GCS loss (the GWS loss in context now looks acceptable), but a win over the Cats who just demolished the Tigers, and the Dees closest win of the year has us in pretty good shape. I think a lot is about keeping Hickey fit, but think our next three is Collingwood, Freo and the Blues. If we win all those three are we back in the conversation for Top 4 or has that ship sailed in people's minds?
You have a pretty soft draw dont you because of how you went last year? Collingwood, Freo and Carlton are really winnable and it would set you up nicely for an assault on the top four but for me you are maybe a year too early. Anywhere from 5th to 8th seems more likely to me. Too many good sides vying for those top four spots. Richmond, Geelong, WCE, Dogs, Melbourne, Port, Brisbane... I dont think the Swans are there yet. But as I said, the draw has gotta help significantly.

I can see us winning this weekend to move to 6-3. Everything looking rosy here mate. Still on track for top four and an assault on a flag.
No chance. 5-8 and making up the numbers.
Mentally soft. Washed up group.
Hard to gauge from last week as we dominated a lot of areas but accuracy v inaccuracy was telling.
IMO you could make a case for no longer needing Franklin but I think the 1st-2nd year players that shone early are starting to tire.

At a guess 4th-6th. Dees are well ahead. Port and Dogs look solid and we should be 8-3 at the bye with Saints, Suns (H) and Pies to come.

No chance. 5-8 and making up the numbers.
Mentally soft. Washed up group.

Hard to gauge from last week as we dominated a lot of areas but accuracy v inaccuracy was telling.
IMO you could make a case for no longer needing Franklin but I think the 1st-2nd year players that shone early are starting to tire.

At a guess 4th-6th. Dees are well ahead. Port and Dogs look solid and we should be 8-3 at the bye with Saints, Suns (H) and Pies to come.
Yeah i think 4-8th for Swans is realistic. If they get a number of significant injuries maybe finish 8-11th at worst case. Younger players have started to tire and will be interesting how they manage to try and keep them fresh for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back