The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You find this bizarre way to say you don't agree with her but then still attempt to argue with everyone also disagreeing with her.
I'm not disagreeing with anybody. My posts aren't as Caro focused as everyone else I'm looking at the club-player side of things.

I'm offering an opinion that st kilda aren't in the wrong asking Ross what the situation was. I couldn't care less what Caro says because its a twisted version of the truth.

The closest I've been to disagreeing with anybody on this is with you on the point that an employer can't ask why someone needs to take carers leave. I think they respectfully can ask and if they care and value their employee they should check in and see that everything is okay, rather than a black or white yes/no on the leave.

The closest I've been to disagreeing with anybody on this is with you on the point that an employer can't ask why someone needs to take carers leave. I think they respectfully can ask and if they care and value their employee they should check in and see that everything is okay, rather than a black or white yes/no on the leave.
That's not what I said lol. This was why I didn't want to engage because you turn everything into an "I'm not arguing but I'm still going to counter the common consensus for no reason".

You started by trying to say neither was returning for a birth - wrong.

You then tried to suggest an employer has the right to pry and then spun it to mean just a check in (which no one argued against).

You then tried to make it about how Saints are having a bad season which again no one was trying to discuss. And Richmond and other clubs had stories like this last season.

You started by trying to say neither was returning for a birth - wrong.
I said Ross was returning 6 weeks after.

You then tried to suggest an employer has the right to pry and then spun it to mean just a check in (which no one argued against).
They do have the right to ask. Not trying to argue with anyone here. My opinion is they can respectfully ask.

You then tried to make it about how Saints are having a bad season which again no one was trying to discuss. And Richmond and other clubs had stories like this last season.
Sorry I discussed a point nobody else was. Didn't realise this thread was a VCE English exam and I had to stay on the essay topic.

Richmond last year had these situations and how they were handled compared to this kinda shows what I'm getting out with why the Saints aren't doing well off the field. Richmond had players return from the hubs and they didn't have leaks of players not agreeing with players returning, or officials hounding them to stay.

St Kilda has a rat in the camp who has leaked that there's a bit of a story here to Caro and she's spun it and run with it. Clubs with things running smoothly and everyone pulling in the same direction don't even allow for this story to be spun in a way to hang out their players.

I'm not disagreeing with anybody. My posts aren't as Caro focused as everyone else I'm looking at the club-player side of things.

I'm offering an opinion that st kilda aren't in the wrong asking Ross what the situation was. I couldn't care less what Caro says because its a twisted version of the truth.
So you’re arguing a side of the story that no one gives a * about and is in no way interesting or relevant. Got it.

Ross and Membrey want to go home for personal reasons. Who gives a hoot what St.K think, what the leaders think, how it was leaked. Family comes first.

To that end Caro’s take was poor and that’s what matters.

So you’re arguing a side of the story that no one gives a fu** about and is in no way interesting or relevant. Got it.
Yeah. Like I said I don't give a s**t what Caro's opinion on the piece is and just wanted to express mine on a forum. She gave half opinion half leaked info which is irrelevant and isn't worth discussing imo. Everyone bar Elmer clearly disagrees with her view that it's poor they left. I moved quickly beyond dissecting if she is right or wrong and onto what is happening at that club for this to get out the way that it did.

Ross and Membrey want to go home for personal reasons. Who gives a hoot what St.K think, what the leaders think, how it was leaked. Family comes first.
But we don't actually know what the club thought, we are just getting a journos view on it based on a bit of leaked info. I don't think the club would have been as blunt or acted as poorly as Caro portrayed.

I don't agree with her. What I'm saying is the saints shouldn't be copping a pile on because we don't know the full story of what they've said with Ross. We only have a leaked story to a journo. They can and probably did ask respectfully if he could delay going back or what was happening. But she's making it sound like they hounded him which I find hard to believe
Half the problem is the Saints have said nothing which piss poor.

Yeah exactly. Which gives a little bit of weight to the leak part (not her opinion) of what Caro said. There's trouble there and possibly an element of truth in what she's been told

So you’re arguing a side of the story that no one gives a fu** about and is in no way interesting or relevant. Got it.

To that end Caro’s take was poor and that’s what matters.

This.

Not doubting Caro’s source, she only goes with something if she knows it’s spot on, but she doesn’t have to report it, that’s the issue, just don’t say anything about it, none of your business.

She’s a dinosaur though stuck with the old times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not doubting Caro’s source, she only goes with something if she knows it’s spot on, but she doesn’t have to report it, that’s the issue, just don’t say anything about it, none of your business.

She’s a dinosaur though stuck with the old times.
I think there's still a story in what is going on there with people at the club not feeling that Ross should have gone.

Her opinion should be that those people are wrong. And that's the problem with what she's done more than the bringing up a piece of information.

“There are no misgivings, but what I would say is that like any organisation that is in a highly competitive industry, we debate these decisions, but ultimately once the decisions are made, we get behind the players and we give them our support,” Finnis said on SEN.

Asked if there were senior members of the club who asked Ross and Membrey to stay with the team for last week’s clash, Finnis said the club wanted to “check if there is anything more that the club could do to help the guys feel supported … if that’s about checking in and debating, then I suppose that is a part of what we do.”

“I think our players know – and we have got a pretty consistent record of this at the footy club – that we will always put family first and they will be supported in those decisions.

“You can be disappointed, but you can be understanding. I don’t think the emotions are mutually exclusive.”

the way they handled this compared to the missy higgins headlines is quite something

I think there's still a story in what is going on there with people at the club not feeling that Ross should have gone.

Her opinion should be that those people are wrong. And that's the problem with what she's done more than the bringing up a piece of information.

Not much of a story, I'm sure every industry has people who think that family is secondary to work.

Not much of a story, I'm sure every industry has people who think that family is secondary to work.
The story is that some within the football club thought it too.

Finnis' comments today are that they debated it with the players, which is an odd way of putting it.

The story is that some within the football club thought it too.

Finnis' comments today are that they debated it with the players, which is an odd way of putting it.

Ok. I don't think anyone else here is discussing the same thing as you, but keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back