The Association Football AFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real egg on face moment for my man SM. He went in heavy and they've only gone and notched up win number 4 against his own mob.

So they have 5 wins and have gone past Saints?

Yikes, that is embarrassing from me.

that's probably next week when they beat the suns by 10 goals

Might be, guess I didn't expect them to sack the coach. Shame on me for not predicting that I guess.

Still waiting for them to go past the Saints though, and/or Saints to get the spoon, which was the context of those comments.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Sure. What I'm saying is that the Saints will get to 3 wins (and then some) and you are not getting to 4, meaning unless you think you will suffer less beltings than the Saints, you're finishing below them.

In fact given the Saints and Suns are already 2-1 I'm really not sure who else is likely to be up for the spoon except the Blues.
Btw, if you were going to quote SM to prove a point, this is the quote you should be choosing.

Nope. To finish ahead of them though.

So again not the context of the original discussion.

Btw, if you were going to quote SM to prove a point, this is the quote you should be choosing.

Yep, Suns have fallen off harder than I thought. You're right, that was the quote to go for not the angle chosen.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Sad how bad the comp is.
We’ve been s**t for two months yet are two games and % clear on top.

Need to go up about 3 gears to have a chance in September
Its a weird season where anyone can beat anyone. Geelongs probably one of the weakest 'top' teams we've had on a while so i guess its all going to come down to whoevers in the best form and withthe least amount of injuries.

Geelong
Eagles
Pies
Tiges

Would be my top 4. Would tge AFL give Geelong a home final against the Tiges?

Hahaha no the AFL will look after the campaigners. They have Caro campaigning that we should not get a home final against anyone. Apparently fans on seats matters more than what a club earns.

AFL will be a farce as long as we’re denied home finals. Personally wouldn’t let a single Richmond feral in the ground but that won’t happen.

We need GWS/Brisbane to be 4th to get a home final.

Of course the comp is weak. Look at the sides fighting for finals. North were so bad they sacked Scott and are within touching distance, the Hawks are utter trash yet are similarly close enough. Even the Bombers are crap.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Its a weird season where anyone can beat anyone. Geelongs probably one of the weakest 'top' teams we've had on a while so i guess its all going to come down to whoevers in the best form and withthe least amount of injuries.

Geelong
Eagles
Pies
Tiges

Freo 2015 spring to mind, they were minor premiers that year?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I hated every second of last night’s win.

There was a little bit of discussion on the Blues board last week of Adelaide maybe tanking against GC last night. On the evidence of last night it would have taken a s**t load of effort to successfully tank lol.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Richmond player kicks a goal to put them up by 30 points, a second later a free kick is paid in the goal square. Bang, goal. Two goal play.

Free kick for them? The defender pushed his opponent away in the goal square after the first goal was kicked. Soft.

The fightback theme was been done so well by the club, have loved the memories flooding back.

Hopefully we dont play like 89 though haha.
Makes you sad to think Fitzroy couldn’t survive. Poor old Roys.

Wouldn’t hesitate to bring them back and fold the Suns if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back