The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all over them tonight on Sportsbet. Paying $4.25 with the 12 points up promo, I can just see them jumping the Eagles early. Whether they hold or not is another thing but a 20 point lead going into the first break is my prediction

Dons22sep4.jpg

The last photo of a successful Bombers team in September.
Hopefully the Eagles extend that tonight.
We talking about winning a final or winning the GF?

The photo that was from the 2001 premiership I believe. They beat Freo in 2003, that photo wasn't taken then and wasn't taken in the following game as both were under lights.
They didn't win the premiership in 2001.

I'm all over them tonight on Sportsbet. Paying $4.25 with the 12 points up promo, I can just see them jumping the Eagles early. Whether they hold or not is another thing but a 20 point lead going into the first break is my prediction
I was loaded on a longer eagles line of 32, clearly I was too conservative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got sucked into thinking coach #4 since Sheedy wouldn't be effected by the same old Essendon finals softness.

Dunno why. Not as if they got close to the Eagles during the year.

Dunno why. Not as if they got close to the Eagles during the year.
I got them mixed up with what Collingwood would do with backs against the wall and everyone writing them off. Thought they'd come out and have a cracking first quarter but the lack of quality would show through over time. In fairness they did kind of have a real red hot crack very early but the lack of quality shone through much earlier than I thought!

Hoping for a better game tonight. Weather will be a factor, can’t tip a winner but think it will be under 10 points either way.

I got them mixed up with what Collingwood would do with backs against the wall and everyone writing them off. Thought they'd come out and have a cracking first quarter but the lack of quality would show through over time. In fairness they did kind of have a real red hot crack very early but the lack of quality shone through much earlier than I thought!
Yes but they were clearly making up the numbers and all the stats showed that. 2 of their last 4 games they got belted, good finals sides don't have that happen (with exceptions of rotating half the side out in the last game), especially against a team that required a win on the final day and one that finished 10th. Add to that their game against GC where they fell over the line against a team getting regularly pumped and you have a side who would occasionally show up to games. Average losing margin was 35 points. To put that into context Melbourne had a better average losing margin, as did Carlton, Sydney, St Kilda, Freo, North, Adelaide, Port and Hawthorn. Only two teams were worse - Gold Coast and surprisingly Richmond but they haven't lost since Round 13 so it's hard to really pin that against them now.

Hope the Pies get up.
I dislike Geelong, their sooky boy coach and their pretty boy clanger makers. But I also loathe Collingwood as a card carry member of the AFL community is supposed to do. A draw with OT and Collingwood winning should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back