The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I agree Greene was lucky, a few in the media say there was nothing in it and he was harshly dealt with...Robbo and Dermie are two I recall...

Anyway, 2 wrongs don’t make a right...

Don't think Robbo said there was nothing in it, just didn't understand the charges.

Said he didn’t agree with the severity of the fine for what was not a gouge

Yeah I guess that's what I mean, he thinks the fine was way too severe for what they claimed he did.

Basically he was saying, clearly they thought he gouged, in which case he should have been suspended.

Umpiring all over the shop. Brisbane hard done by in the last few minutes of this half, Cameron and Hipwood both should have had free kicks.

I really wish Ray would shut up too. And just umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few blocks off the ball from your mob that led to goals for you, missed high on Yeo that led to a goal for you, just off the top of my head. They may have ended up getting luckier around the ground but less direct impact on goals.

Agree to disagree I guess.
That was a big clear one for me. Yep clearly smashed high. Geelong immediately went and kicked a goal. Not sure it makes much difference though. We were spent.

If Greene and Hawkins don't get off on appeal anything other than a Rich v Collingwood GF would be astounding. A Giants win without Greene at the G against Collingwood would overtake Carlton's 99 prelim boilover

What a muck raking campaigner Ralph is. Disgusting journalist.
The AFL has given Greene a week. He clearly put his hands where they shouldn't go just a week after getting a fine for it. Season over for Greene. Without him I can't see how they stay in the game against the Pies let alone win. He was BOG last night and is Mr. September and just had to cross the line again

As much as i think Greene is scum, what he did last week was worse and he only got a fine so i dont get why he gets a week now.

Surely he gets off on appeal.

Probably got off last week with a talking to not to cross the line again. He crossed the leagues line this week and he’s copped a week.

Toby Greene reminds me of the AFL’s version of Grayson Allen in Basketball. That guy was a scumbag in college and doesn’t appeal to have changed in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back