RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
From my lazy research an offer was reported as being tabled at least 3 weeks ago. Is that not tapping up?

An apparent contract offer. Ellis wasn’t a Suns player a month ago. Unless you’re reading from an ITK, I don’t take much notice of websites like that.

As for tapping up, you can’t stop teams outside the finals from dangling contracts in front of FA players. You just can’t sign the player

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
An apparent contract offer. Ellis wasn’t a Suns player a month ago. Unless you’re reading from an ITK, I don’t take much notice of websites like that.

As for tapping up, you can’t stop teams outside the finals from dangling contracts in front of FA players. You just can’t sign the player
Right.. Might be worth not being so naive.

You probably think Harley was genuine about what he and Daniher chatted about when he was up in Sydney a month ago?

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Right.. Might be worth not being so naive.

You probably think Harley was genuine about what he and Daniher chatted about when he was up in Sydney a month ago?
I’d have to google that because I have no idea what Harley said.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
They were just catching up from their AIS days or something.
Yeah, I just read the story. Now that just sounds like crap after today’s news that Daniher has nominated the Swans. Probably the worst kept secret in football tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Tapping up contracted players I thought wasn't allowed but there probably is no actual rules against it is there?

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
"It's a deal that we need to consider. There's always too high of a price. It's what is fair and reasonable in any market circumstances. We acknowledge he's a very good player for their football club and we acknowledge that a heavy price needs to be paid." - Craig Vozzo

Nice.

Top Bottom