RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It seems so easy to do between both clubs. Gaff apparently wants to come back to Victoria and Kelly has already nominated West Coast.

I suppose Gaff would need to want to go to Geelong to make it work. If he does, that could be a straight swap with a draft pick moving.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
It seems so easy to do between both clubs. Gaff apparently wants to come back to Victoria and Kelly has already nominated West Coast.

I suppose Gaff would need to want to go to Geelong to make it work. If he does, that could be a straight swap with a draft pick moving.
It could eventuate but you spoke as if it's happening. Wce have said gaff won't be involved in the Kelly trade.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It could eventuate but you spoke as if it's happening. Wce have said gaff won't be involved in the Kelly trade.
I meant more that it makes a bit of sense but I didn’t realise WC said Gaff won’t be involved in any Kelly trade.

Who knows what will be actually happening. I reckon this particular trade will be the most difficult to complete. Kelly wants to go to the Eagles, the Eagles don’t sound like they want to give up two 1st round picks and Geelong won’t be budging off that demand as is their right.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The problem is Geelong have no leverage. He can walk for nothing. So it's kinda get what you get
So West Coast’s offer this trade period should be just as good as the compo pick Geelong would get if Kelly walks for nothing? So why shouldn’t Geelong keep Kelly to get that compo pick in the better 2020 draft, than the 2nd rounder some of you seem to think, this year?

Seems to me Geelong have a decent amount of leverage. They will get a 1st round pick if Kelly moves in the next week and that is the reality.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
So West Coast’s offer this trade period should be just as good as the compo pick Geelong would get if Kelly walks for nothing? So why shouldn’t Geelong keep Kelly to get that compo pick in the better 2020 draft, than the 2nd rounder some of you seem to think, this year?

Seems to me Geelong have a decent amount of leverage. They will get a 1st round pick if Kelly moves in the next week and that is the reality.
What do you mean? They can't keep him. Kelly is out of contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
playing silly buggers with keath. good. about time we stood up and griefed some other clubs. sick of us playing nice all the time

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Sounds like the Dogs are the ones playing hard ball with the Keath trade. The crows mismanagement of his injury will look like costing them in this deal.

I dont see him not ending up at the Dogs.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

If that is true, it looks like Geelong has done extremely well without having any leverage.

“Get what you can get” is the name of the game.

Last edited:

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

If that is true, it looks like Geelong has done extremely well without having any leverage.

“Get what you can get” is the name of the game. Lol.
Especially considering they are using the BnF as their marker and their BnF winner was only worth 1 first round pick to them at the same age. Hypocrisy thy name is Geelong. WCE would be best to walk away from a below average kicking midfielder at the age of 25.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
but if it doesnt affect the contract then why would it affect us?
I guess hes going to end up missing the preseason which will wreck half of his first year with us, means hes not quite as valuable trade wise.

But in saying that hes probably going from a second rounder to going for a third rounder, so not a great loss really.

Top Bottom