jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
But poor little Dusty got tagged.
Did lol at this but I would like to know if as many of the holds are paid (as a %) to the star mids around contests as the ticky tochwood ones forwards and rucks get. It makes sense too why the ruck/forward gets paid more because there's an umpire in the area watching the ball who sees soft but there ones and pays them, but for a midfielder the off the ball umpires aren't doing their job properly (or able to because of how far away they are).

I get some off the ball ones are paid but for how often it happens it's a lot less than a forward or ruck gets when the majority are now being paid

Did lol at this but I would like to know if as many of the holds are paid (as a %) to the star mids around contests as the ticky tochwood ones forwards and rucks get. It makes sense too why the ruck/forward gets paid more because there's an umpire in the area watching the ball who sees soft but there ones and pays them, but for a midfielder the off the ball umpires aren't doing their job properly (or able to because of how far away they are).

I get some off the ball ones are paid but for how often it happens it's a lot less than a forward or ruck gets when the majority are now being paid
Who cares if it's not impacting the contest? It's so ******* dumb to pay it and slows the game down.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Who cares if it's not impacting the contest? It's so ******* dumb to pay it and slows the game down.
That is a good point. But an off the ball hold is still a hold. The AFL obviously pay any hold in contest and only blatant off the ball holds. Opens a grey area but like you say if they paid everything it'd slow everything down, but also if they paid everything there'd be a huge drop in the number of times a tagger would try it.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lovely.
Young Jordan Clark extends to 2022.
Really is looking like a superdraft. Don't think I've ever been so impressed by recent draftees after just 3 games. Clark, Rozzee, Scott, Butters, Jones from Adelaide (was he last draft class?) & Walsh have all had some massive games probably forgetting some others too

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Do you see him still heading back to the backline down the track?
While he may swing between the ends a little Bevo has said he'll be a forward this season, which ive got no complaints about as his contested marking is as good as any and he seems to have forward smarts too.

We'll be pumping the games into Young as the tall down back and Boyd will ruck when he gets back. Finally getting a nice mix of talls.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
While he may swing between the ends a little Bevo has said he'll be a forward this season, which ive got no complaints about as his contested marking is as good as any and he seems to have forward smarts too.

We'll be pumping the games into Young as the tall down back and Boyd will ruck when he gets back. Finally getting a nice mix of talls.
Yeah a Harry Taylor type swing player is definitely more him than say a Weitering who looked lost up forward. I can definitely see his pack marking as an intercept defender being a massive asset down the track

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It’s looking like a lose lose trade that one. We turned those two first round picks into Matt Kennedy and (half of) McGovern norm of whom I don’t rate and Lachie O’Brien and young ruck Tom De Koning who’ve both not shown a heap yet. Still very early days for the latter two unless the crows do something in the next 2 years Gibbs probably doesn’t become worth it at all

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
It’s looking like a lose lose trade that one. We turned those two first round picks into Matt Kennedy and (half of) McGovern norm of whom I don’t rate and Lachie O’Brien and young ruck Tom De Koning who’ve both not shown a heap yet. Still very early days for the latter two unless the crows do something in the next 2 years Gibbs probably doesn’t become worth it at all
personally i'd rather the picks and the cap space. but paying over the odds for players wanting to come back will probably always happen considering how many we lose.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah and his mum was pretty teary on draft night when he had to go interstate iirc. Glad to see he settled well up there and looks like he’s going to be one of their best next crop of mids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back