The Association Football AFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ignored this question a year ago when you said the same thing. I don't really care if others don't like it.
He's copped the name for over a decade. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's fair enough, but I find this incredibly hypocritical TBH.

You've been whining about "cringe nicknames" on this board for years and always call guys like Bojan out for doing it, even when its clearly just in jest.

That's fair enough, but I find this incredibly hypocritical TBH.

You've been whining about "cringe nicknames" on this board for years and always call guys like Bojan out for doing it, even when its clearly just in jest.
Not anymore I don’t, haven’t for ages.
Sometimes people mellow.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It’s hard enough beating Collingwood, let alone 3 campaigners in yellow. 25 free kicks to 8. Thank you, you losers.

******* fantastic effort by Carlton today. That effort every single week, Blues. Every week means not taking a week off like last week and the wins will come. The way we have performed this year doesn’t reflect 1-7, we have been much better than that. After today I don’t care about the unfinished trade, Liam Stocker looks like he will be a good player.

Carlton have won 4 of their last 40 games, surely that warrants a start of 1st round priority pick.
Please no, how many high draft picks do they need? They're chock full of them as it is.

It’s hard enough beating Collingwood, let alone 3 campaigners in yellow. 25 free kicks to 8. Thank you, you losers.

******* fantastic effort by Carlton today. That effort every single week, Blues. Every week means not taking a week off like last week and the wins will come. The way we have performed this year doesn’t reflect 1-7, we have been much better than that. After today I don’t care about the unfinished trade, Liam Stocker looks like he will be a good player.
How long until honourable losses stop becoming an excuse? It's well and good to put in the effort and fight it out but, sooner or later, it's going to wear thin. That's 3 this season now. The improvement is there, but you need to start converting the brave losses into wins.

Last edited:
Carlton have won 4 of their last 40 games, surely that warrants a start of 1st round priority pick.
Brisbane are looking ok for a finals berth or close to one. Started their rebuild at the same time or just after.
Fremantle have gone to the minor premiership and down and are now on the way up again.
Suns have been gutted but look no less competitive.
Dogs have got a flag, gone on a two season bender and are back up again.

Carlton's issue isn't draft picks. It's who they draft, their development program, and coaching.
Those other clubs give them no excuses, no outs.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Please no, how many high draft picks do they need? They're chock full of them as it is.

How long until honourable losses stop becoming an excuse? It's well and good to put in the effort and fight it out but, sooner or later, it's going to wear thin. That's 3 this season now. The improvement is there, but you need to start converting the brave losses into wins.

Yes, a loss against flag contender Collingwood by 19 points where the umpiring left much to be desired. Not many sides will beat Collingwood and you expected Carlton to beat them like that?

carlvpiesrd8profile-jpg.671426

When Carlton have 11 players with 100+ games under their belt, rather than 14 players with 55 or less games then come and talk to me. Drafted poorly? Try inexperienced. I will admit that Bolton doesn't have much of a game plan and is out-coached often but I really doubt he will coach at Carlton beyond 2020.

Last edited:

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Carlton are fine. They don’t need more high draft picks. They’re having a season similar to Brisbane’s last year where they have heaps of honourable losses. Next year they’ll turn a few of them into wins and they’ll start to push for finals.

Anyone who is thinks they’re going to stay on the bottom for much longer is kidding themselves.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Carlton are fine. They don’t need more high draft picks. They’re having a season similar to Brisbane’s last year where they have heaps of honourable losses. Next year they’ll turn a few of them into wins and they’ll start to push for finals.

Anyone who is thinks they’re going to stay on the bottom for much longer is kidding themselves.

I think I am emotional as I always get after a loss, so I’ll refrain from any other conspiracies regarding the loss. I’ll just say that it was a fantastically fought contest as you want in AFL football.

This year should be the last of the rebuild and no more excuses next year. I’ll take every last honourable loss we can get this year as that instills a competitive nature but next year will be no more excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back