The Association Football AFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Fyfe got off too but all the craze is just about Ablett it seems.

More booooooooooooo's.

The craze about Ablett is because he did the same thing last week.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I guess the AFL is just waiting for him to break someones jaw before doing anything.

Absolutely, I agree with you. He should have gone last well, he didn’t and this weeks incident was actually worse and he’s been cleared again. It’s pretty pathetic.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Absolutely, I agree with you. He should have gone last well, he didn’t and this weeks incident was actually worse and he’s been cleared again. It’s pretty pathetic.
I think the AFL painted themselves into a corner this week by stuffing up last week. I guess they are waiting for a broken jaw or concussion to do anything.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
The wrong was last week when it was cited by Christian. He corrected his error this week.

Glad Fyfe got off too.

Imo they stuffed up last week and didnt have any choice this week. That's just me.

Fyfe can sweep kick players and get off so im not surprised by him either.

Imo they stuffed up last week and didnt have any choice this week. That's just me.

Fyfe can sweep kick players and get off so im not surprised by him either.
Ablett was cited and sanctioned last week. It was deemed an illegal act. Just not intentional.

This week was deemed insufficient force, hard to argue otherwise.

Ablett was cited and sanctioned last week. It was deemed an illegal act. Just not intentional.

This week was deemed insufficient force, hard to argue otherwise.

So they were different. How then are you arguing that they were the same and neither should have been cited?

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
The AFL have had this s**t coming there way for a while. They're more focused on the outcome of the action rather than the act itself. Gaff and Fyfe/Ablett had the same low level of intent to break someones jaw. But the margin for error is so small so one guy misses 8 weeks and 2 don't miss a thing. Durdin's thing is the same, if the outcome was as low as the other two he'd get off.

Doesn't make it right but this is how it's been for a long time

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Should be retiring a norm smith medalist. Who knows maybe that could have lead to a different future for him. Good investment by the Dogs nonetheless

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Should be retiring a norm smith medalist. Who knows maybe that could have lead to a different future for him. Good investment by the Dogs nonetheless

He did pay for himself. He(well him and Dale) also provided me with probably my favourite ever bulldog momemt.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Won’t they have to include his salary until the contract ends? Or is that just a Buddy Franklin rule that the Afl brought in to piss off the swans?

Won’t they have to include his salary until the contract ends? Or is that just a Buddy Franklin rule that the Afl brought in to ******** the swans?
No because Boyd was a trade.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Hes walking away from the contract though and forfeiting the last 2 years salary.
I don’t see how or why it’s any different to if buddy walked away from his final couple of years. I get one is FA and one is a trade. But both got new long contracts on huge $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back