The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems so easy to do between both clubs. Gaff apparently wants to come back to Victoria and Kelly has already nominated West Coast.

I suppose Gaff would need to want to go to Geelong to make it work. If he does, that could be a straight swap with a draft pick moving.

It seems so easy to do between both clubs. Gaff apparently wants to come back to Victoria and Kelly has already nominated West Coast.

I suppose Gaff would need to want to go to Geelong to make it work. If he does, that could be a straight swap with a draft pick moving.
It could eventuate but you spoke as if it's happening. Wce have said gaff won't be involved in the Kelly trade.

It could eventuate but you spoke as if it's happening. Wce have said gaff won't be involved in the Kelly trade.

I meant more that it makes a bit of sense but I didn’t realise WC said Gaff won’t be involved in any Kelly trade.

Who knows what will be actually happening. I reckon this particular trade will be the most difficult to complete. Kelly wants to go to the Eagles, the Eagles don’t sound like they want to give up two 1st round picks and Geelong won’t be budging off that demand as is their right.

The problem is Geelong have no leverage. He can walk for nothing. So it's kinda get what you get

So West Coast’s offer this trade period should be just as good as the compo pick Geelong would get if Kelly walks for nothing? So why shouldn’t Geelong keep Kelly to get that compo pick in the better 2020 draft, than the 2nd rounder some of you seem to think, this year?

Seems to me Geelong have a decent amount of leverage. They will get a 1st round pick if Kelly moves in the next week and that is the reality.

So West Coast’s offer this trade period should be just as good as the compo pick Geelong would get if Kelly walks for nothing? So why shouldn’t Geelong keep Kelly to get that compo pick in the better 2020 draft, than the 2nd rounder some of you seem to think, this year?

Seems to me Geelong have a decent amount of leverage. They will get a 1st round pick if Kelly moves in the next week and that is the reality.

What do you mean? They can't keep him. Kelly is out of contract.

I thought he has another. Wow, that’s dumb of me.

Still think in the end he’ll cost a 1st round pick.

Kelly also isn't a FA so Geelong wouldn't get any compo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, thanks for the info. I think AFL contracts are a bit confusing.

Not hugely, he's a second year player. To be a free agent you have to be in the system 6 years don't you?

If that is true, it looks like Geelong has done extremely well without having any leverage.

“Get what you can get” is the name of the game. Lol.

Especially considering they are using the BnF as their marker and their BnF winner was only worth 1 first round pick to them at the same age. Hypocrisy thy name is Geelong. WCE would be best to walk away from a below average kicking midfielder at the age of 25.

but if it doesnt affect the contract then why would it affect us?
I guess hes going to end up missing the preseason which will wreck half of his first year with us, means hes not quite as valuable trade wise.

But in saying that hes probably going from a second rounder to going for a third rounder, so not a great loss really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back