The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially considering they are using the BnF as their marker and their BnF winner was only worth 1 first round pick to them at the same age. Hypocrisy thy name is Geelong. WCE would be best to walk away from a below average kicking midfielder at the age of 25.

Yeah it’s a crazy high package but you just knew WC would cave. Two 1st round picks + Pick 24 for a guy who never truly had his heart in Geelong. And I don’t blame him given his unique family situation and being from Perth but I think Geelong have done better than expected.

Not entirely buying the Geelong are reaming WCE with that. Next years draft is severely impacted by academy and father son prospects. Good chance the 2020 pick starts at 14-19 but with all the shuffling of picks ends up 18-22.

Is 14, 25 & future 18-22 really a great deal for a clubs best player right now?

Obviously it gives Geelong picks to move around for other deals and then it could be seen as a win. I reckon they'll try and package 14 & the future pick to get into the top 10 this year

Both club boards on here melting that they’ve been weak pussy’s and folded. Probably means it’s a pretty fair deal.

Sounds like it’ll be 14,24,33 and next years round 1 for Kelly and 36. 33 to then go to St.Kilda for Steven with the saints paying some of his salary.

Given this years draft, 2019, saw us the only trade restricted club given in the previous 4 drafts (2015-18) we didn’t select 2 players in the first round, for us to be in a position in year 1 of the new cycle to be using 4 first rounders by the end of year two that will help trade for players in the post-Selwood/Hawkins era in 2021-22 drafts.

Can’t complain.
Just need a ruckman. Badly

Both club boards on here melting that they’ve been weak pussy’s and folded. Probably means it’s a pretty fair deal.

Sounds like it’ll be 14,24,33 and next years round 1 for Kelly and 36. 33 to then go to St.Kilda for Steven with the saints paying some of his salary.

Given this years draft, 2019, saw us the only trade restricted club given in the previous 4 drafts (2015-18) we didn’t select 2 players in the first round, for us to be in a position in year 1 of the new cycle to be using 4 first rounders by the end of year two that will help trade for players in the post-Selwood/Hawkins era in 2021-22 drafts.

Can’t complain.
Just need a ruckman. Badly
I’m out of the loop, sorry. Steven for just pick 33? Surely there’s more to it - of course, Hill will be going to Moorabbin on big money so there may be an urgency to vacate some $.

Stand corrected. Hun now saying it is 14, 24, 33 and next years first rounder for a pick next year (eagles want R2 and we want to give R4) and Kelly.
So 14, 16, 24, 33, 36 (steven) and First rounders 2020 x2

Not a bad hand to refresh the list with young talent.

I’m out of the loop, sorry. Steven for just pick 33? Surely there’s more to it - of course, Hill will be going to Moorabbin on big money so there may be an urgency to vacate some $.
Steven has mental health issues and has indicated he'd like to go home to be with family. He's from Lorne.
He has told St. Kilda he's open to retiring as a result. Has told them he's open to coming to Geelong also.

Geelong now in a position whereby they can tell St.Kilda to take a pick in the 30s or they won't take him and he'll retire.
I.e. Your choice is 33 or lose him for nothing.

Stand corrected. Hun now saying it is 14, 24, 33 and next years first rounder for a pick next year (eagles want R2 and we want to give R4) and Kelly.
So 14, 16, 24, 33, 36 (steven) and First rounders 2020 x2

Not a bad hand to refresh the list with young talent.

Steven has mental health issues and has indicated he'd like to go home to be with family. He's from Lorne.
He has told St. Kilda he's open to retiring as a result. Has told them he's open to coming to Geelong also.

Geelong now in a position whereby they can tell St.Kilda to take a pick in the 30s or they won't take him and he'll retire.
I.e. Your choice is 33 or lose him for nothing.
I'd make him retire or go via the PSD.

3 to then go to St.Kilda for Steven with the saints paying some of his salary.
Would take that deal from a Saints pov any day.

Send that to Sydney for Jones.

Has mental health issues and apparently had a bad break up so wants to go back to more comfortable surroundings, gave us 10 years of good service and no malice from any saints fans for him wanting to leave.

west coast made out like bandits with that. only 2 first round picks, both likely to be in the teens, and 24. and crucially they didnt need to lose any players either to go to geelong or to get more picks. it's unlikely that anyone taken at 14 would give them 5 years like kelly probably will so it doesnt really matter to west coast.

west coast made out like bandits with that. only 2 first round picks, both likely to be in the teens, and 24. and crucially they didnt need to lose any players either to go to geelong or to get more picks. it's unlikely that anyone taken at 14 would give them 5 years like kelly probably will so it doesnt really matter to west coast.
Yeah it's a very good get for WCE.

It can be a good get for Geelong if Wells can turn picks in the 14-30 range into A-graders. He has done it before. But in terms of 2020 WCE are a stronger side than 2019, Geelong are a weaker side than 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Kelly taken at pick 24 2 years ago.

He leaves and we receive pick 14, 24 and Eagles’ 2020 1st round pick.

Yeah, fair trade and we’ve done alright out of that.
Honestly, I don't know too many Eagles fans with a brain who are unhappy with that deal. I think we all expected that to be the price, and I'm happy to pay it.

Our club has plenty of youth at the moment, at a time when we're well in flag contention. We've picked up a guy who will significantly help deal with our one categorical weakness: clearances.

Just glad to have it sorted out 'relatively' early. Means we can spend the rest of the week trying to get a pick or two back.

Trade is official.

Geelong get picks 14, 24, 37 and 2020 1st round pick.

West Coast get Tim Kelly, pick 57 and 2020 3rd round pick.

All things considered I’m happy with that trade, now hopefully get the Steven deal done today.

Pretty good outcome for both, and am impressed such a ‘big’ trade has been finalised so quickly. I thought this would be one of those things that drags out into the final day of the trade period.

Apparently the 37 has somehow come from the Bombers and will be used to get Steven. Get him fit and firing and we won’t lose too much in output on Kelly for the next two years and gain picks to establish a young core.

Expect us to try and trade into the top 6-10 though.

Apparently the 37 has somehow come from the Bombers and will be used to get Steven. Get him fit and firing and we won’t lose too much in output on Kelly for the next two years and gain picks to establish a young core.

Expect us to try and trade into the top 6-10 though.
Not sure about that, Kelly a far better footballer than Steven

Not sure about that, Kelly a far better footballer than Steven
Better than replacing him with an 18 yo. 4 time B&F winner who were not even paying in full.

Certainly bridges that gap I’d have thought

Better than replacing him with an 18 yo. 4 time B&F winner who were not even paying in full.

Certainly bridges that gap I’d have thought
4 time B&F winner at St Kilda who aren't exactly overflowing with talent. You're really reaching here catman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back