The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... that's a cracking midfield now. Throw in Dom Sheed too.

I forgot about Sheed. Absolutely cracking midfield. You won’t be able to keep them all together long term (I reckon someone will be traded next year) but that is a great side you have. Premiership contenders in 2020.

I forgot about Sheed. Absolutely cracking midfield. You won’t be able to keep them all together long term (I reckon someone will be traded next year) but that is a great side you have. Premiership contenders in 2020.
I've often wondered if the 'can leave after 2020' clause in the contract Gaff signed last year was mutually agreed upon, for exactly that reason.

4 time B&F winner at St Kilda who aren't exactly overflowing with talent. You're really reaching here catman.
He’d be your second best player.
Admittedly that also doesn’t mean much ;)

I've often wondered if the 'can leave after 2020' clause in the contract Gaff signed last year was mutually agreed upon, for exactly that reason.

Gaff did say a few weeks ago that he intends on seeing out his contract, so who knows. I don’t know what money Kennedy is on but he might be gone after 2020 to free up some (a lot of) space.

Apparently the 37 has somehow come from the Bombers and will be used to get Steven. Get him fit and firing and we won’t lose too much in output on Kelly for the next two years and gain picks to establish a young core.

Expect us to try and trade into the top 6-10 though.
Hope we end up with Brodie Kemp somehow.

Bont version 2.0.

Probably have to trade into the top 10 to get him though even if he's done his ACL.

Gaff did say a few weeks ago that he intends on seeing out his contract, so who knows. I don’t know what money Kennedy is on but he might be gone after 2020 to free up some (a lot of) space.
Pretty sure Kennedy is already on Veteran status for salary cap (meaning it doesn't all count toward SC as I understand it), but yeah, he's on big $$.

Oscar Allen must be salivating. He'll spend this year still attracting only the third best defender, getting fed by that midfield. If Nic Nat stays fit all year, watch out.

Apparently Eddie Betts for Pick 47. Salary is $400k and Adelaide paying half if that is the report. Maybe the condition of Pick 47 rather than 70+/80+ was for Adelaide to pay half his salary.

Pretty sure Kennedy is already on Veteran status for salary cap (meaning it doesn't all count toward SC as I understand it), but yeah, he's on big $$.

Oscar Allen must be salivating. He'll spend this year still attracting only the third best defender, getting fed by that midfield. If Nic Nat stays fit all year, watch out.

Yeah, it will be fun to watch for your supporters.

Last edited:
Hope we end up with Brodie Kemp somehow.

Bont version 2.0.

Probably have to trade into the top 10 to get him though even if he's done his ACL.
There’s a few worth pursuing. Would be willing to weaken our 2020 draft hand in an academy diluted year to get a crack at one of the best 6-8 kids in this year

The veterans allowance was abolished in 2016 or 2017 from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With pick 6 and then the 50s

Bruce and Steven will help that. Still think someone like Carlisle will go too

Butler and Ryder will cost barely anything.

Bruce and Steven picks in the 30s get flipped for Howard and Jones

Hill for 6 and maybe a swap elsewhere

Pick 6 - Hill
Pick St Kilda get for Bruce - Howard
Pick St Kilda get for Steven - Jones
4th round pick - Ryder

Possible Newnes free agent compenstation could also come into play along with 2020 non first round picks
Ah yep newnes. That's one that definitely gets an end of 3rd most likely

Yeah hopefully NN can stay fit for the entire season. If he does and now we add Kelly tp our midfield with Shuey, Yeo, Sheed amd Gaff. Theb we look ready for another tilt at the premiership.

We still have all our key players in place. JK, Darling, Hurn, Gov, Sheppard. Throw in emerging talents like Allen and Ryan. We look good to go again.

Just a shame about the Rioli situation as he is a super player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back