The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one might be the shittest trade that will happen...

Oh dear Port, what have you done?

So if we split the trade into what it likely entails.

Ryder isn't worth all that much so an upgrade from round 4 to round 3 seems reasonable.

Howard and 10 for 12 and 18. So a first rounder and a marginal downgrade.
Given I thought Howard was probably worth and mid to late first rounder this really represents unders but not massive unders IMO.

Port are in a bit of strife. All well on good to have Rozee, Duursma and Butters looking like stars but it's very limited outside of that. On top of that, they just about have no KPP/ruck depth at all. An absolute disaster of a trade period for them.

Port are in a bit of strife. All well on good to have Rozee, Duursma and Butters looking like stars but it's very limited outside of that. On top of that, they just about have no KPP/ruck depth at all. An absolute disaster of a trade period for them.
As much as I hate port, I disagree with their ruck depth. They have 3 ruckmen on their list still and 2 very good ones at that. KPP depth yeah they struggle with, but Howard didn't want to play forward and got a stupid 5 year deal from St Kilda who are close to ruining their list.

lol what?

Membrey, King, Gresham, Parker, McCartin (lol), Butler (possibly) up forward.

Savage, Battle, Carlisle, Geary, Howard, Wilkie, Brown, Austin in defence.

Ryder and Marshall as rucks.

Coffield, Ross, Dunstan, Steele, Hannebery, Clark, Lonie, Billings, Hill, Jones (probable) in midfield.

Geary and Ryder the only ones over 30. Young list.
Nowhere near close to ruining their list, they need to get 1-2 top line gun mids but hardly close to being ruined.

lol what?

Membrey, King, Gresham, Parker, McCartin (lol), Butler (possibly) up forward.

Savage, Battle, Carlisle, Geary, Howard, Wilkie, Brown, Austin in defence.

Ryder and Marshall as rucks.

Coffield, Ross, Dunstan, Steele, Hannebery, Clark, Lonie, Billings, Hill, Jones (probable) in midfield.

Geary and Ryder the only ones over 30. Young list.
Nowhere near close to ruining their list, they need to get 1-2 top line gun mids but hardly close to being ruined.
They lack star power. Most of their side are honest battlers.

Starting to get a bit more class into their side now though

freo did exceptionally well, plus getting aish too for next to nothing

Yeah, I had a couple links up before the official trade links and left what I said in accidentally. In hindsight, that is plenty to give up for Hill. St Kilda got their man though, so I am sure they’re backing their list in. Freo did very well.

Both teams will feel it’s a win/win trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They lack star power. Most of their side are honest battlers.

Starting to get a bit more class into their side now though
Build the cake first. Add the icing later.
Their cake isn't too bad.
They're front loading to get to the cap floor so there should be massive backended cash deposits to lure stars in years to come.

Build the cake first. Add the icing later.
Their cake isn't too bad.
They're front loading to get to the cap floor so there should be massive backended cash deposits to lure stars in years to come.
There is no elite ball users in that list, an area they struggled at last year and haven't addressed. Forward line is also a bit of a Hodgepodge of crap that doesn't perform often enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back