The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papley always tough to get done with no Danniher deal.

SOS would want to be confident he can get Martin for nothing. No excuse to let that one miss out

Papley always tough to get done with no Danniher deal.

SOS would want to be confident he can get Martin for nothing. No excuse to let that one miss out

Huh? We needed the pick for Papley to do the Daniher deal.

Sounds like 3 clubs all needing different things but unable to find another club to help them find the pick needed.
Given we have 4 picks up to 36 and at present don't even have 4 spots available we'd probably have helped but Swans needed 5 cos Dodo is a stubborn flog and the Blues needed 9. The two picks us (and others) would have wanted to get hold of.

When you're a club like Carlton, who see themselves as one of the traditional big boys, just down on their luck. You need to make every post a winner.
Players may have second thoughts now about choosing Carlton as their destination in future given SOS can't get it done.

Two players choose to go to you after the decade you've just had and you can't get either done.
Absolutely woeful trade period.

Can't blame them for Papley as that is on Sydney. Martin is a big balls up by SOS and should have been done once it became clear that Papley wasn't going to be.

How's Papley on us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't blame them for Papley as that is on Sydney. Martin is a big balls up by SOS and should have been done once it became clear that Papley wasn't going to be.
He'd want to be confident he gets to us in the PSD

Knocked back Martin and 15 for 9 and 2020 first

Silvagni said that Sydney had basically told them that if they couldn't get Daniher done, then Papley would be staying.
Carlton courted a player with 4 years left at his current club yet didn't have the currency to get it done. It's on them

Happy with our trade period.

Kelly. :fire:

Window wide open. NN needs to stay fit to ruck to Kelly, Shuey, Yeo, Gaff and Sheed. Gov, Sheppard, Barrass, Hurn, Mehta down back. JK, Darling, Allen, Cripps and Ryan up forward.

Let's go!
With you guys getting Kelly the next Richmond vs Eagles game will be a ripper contest in the midfield

Someone check on RPCB

Blues now relying on draft to try and salvage at least one deal...

Dodo proves unmoveable and a general p.i.t.a. To deal with as always

I am fine but thanks for checking in on me. It’s disappointment, however, there is another avenue at least for Jack Martin. We will see. Unless it was only a threat for a 1st rounder yesterday, GCS did say they would re-draft Jack Martin through the PSD, which surely you wouldn’t re-draft someone who wants out.

Carlton courted a player with 4 years left at his current club yet didn't have the currency to get it done. It's on them

Carlton had the currency to get Tom Papley - Pick 9. Essendon wanted Pick 5 and Pick 9 (from Carlton) from Sydney for Joe Daniher. Sydney, well within their rights, felt that too steep a price to pay for Joe Daniher. We can’t help Dodoro’s demands.

As for “courting” a player. Tom Papley nominated Carlton. No nomination, no courting. The end.

only last week people on here were saying how Tim Kelly is only worth a second rounder because he’s out of contract and yet, Carlton should have given up a 1st rounder for the uncontracted Jack Martin, which is what GCS asked for. SOS was never going to do that.

Last edited:
He'd want to be confident he gets to us in the PSD

Knocked back Martin and 15 for 9 and 2020 first

Of course SOS knocked that back. Imagine in 12 months time, Papley nominates Carlton again when Daniher is uncontracted and wants to head to Sydney but this time, Carlton has no 1st rounder to deal for Papley. That would be a disaster. Carlton were never doing one 1st rounder for Martin, let alone two.

Of course SOS knocked that back. Imagine in 12 months time, Papley nominates Carlton again when Daniher is uncontracted and wants to head to Sydney but this time, Carlton has no 1st rounder to deal for Papley. That would be a disaster. Carlton were never doing one 1st rounder for Martin, let alone two.
Yeah that's true. If he is confident and can find a way to get him thru the PSD it's not that bad at all. Can't pay overs for Jack Martin in a trade sense. Melbourne won't have the cap space to pick him. It's whether or not gold coast pay him the big money when they know he wants out

I know he isn't half the player Papley is but we should be making contact with Sam Gray again. He's still an upgrade on no small forward. Also look at Lowson from Coburg again. Whilst missing Papley who is a gun sucks we've just got to get another small fwd in the door

Yeah that's true. If he is confident and can find a way to get him thru the PSD it's not that bad at all. Can't pay overs for Jack Martin in a trade sense. Melbourne won't have the cap space to pick him. It's whether or not gold coast pay him the big money when they know he wants out

I reckon despite GCS demands to draft Jack Martin again, they won’t do it. There is ruthless by asking too much for an uncontracted player in the trade period and then there is foolish to re-draft someone who publically nominated another club.

Melbourne won’t have the cap space as you said (any contract would be front loaded which Carlton can manage). I think we get Jack through the PSD or I am just a babbling mess.

I know he isn't half the player Papley is but we should be making contact with Sam Gray again. He's still an upgrade on no small forward. Also look at Lowson from Coburg again. Whilst missing Papley who is a gun sucks we've just got to get another small fwd in the door

As a stop gap for 12 months (even with Jack), I wouldn’t mind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back