The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 years though?

Couldn't imagine his game will go to heights that we haven't seen so it's not like he'd have cost that much more than they've locked him in for in 3 years time.
If they envisage him being there in 5 years time what does it matter? I doubt they're paying him massive amounts.
He'd be your standard 450-500k B grade midfielder.

Our draw can GAGF. Tasmania again. Gold Coast again. 2 trips to Sydney and Adelaide without playing any of those 4 teams here as a double up. All that is missing is a bullshit trip to Darwin again.

Our draw can GAGF. Tasmania again. Gold Coast again. 2 trips to Sydney and Adelaide without playing any of those 4 teams here as a double up. All that is missing is a bullshit trip to Darwin again.
Ours is worse. Tassie, ******* Alice Springs and Potato Park yet again. Us and the Swans would have to be the two teams that get sent down the highway more than anyone. We'll do well to avoid bottom 4.

Len Hall game being ignored by the AFL yet again is a crock of s**t, also ridiculous that we have 1 FTA game for the season. Would be nice if we could get a game on Friday sometime in the next ******* decade as well

Tough start. Start in Sydney and two trips to Perth in first 6 rounds.

Eagles, Lions, Giants, Dogs and Hawks is a hard set of double ups. Hawks will make finals in 2020 imo and suspect the rest will be around the mark.

Len Hall game being ignored by the AFL yet again is a crock of s**t, also ridiculous that we have 1 FTA game for the season. Would be nice if we could get a game on Friday sometime in the next ******* decade as well

Only just realised that about the Len Hall game. There is no reason that shouldn't be on the Saturday night every year.

I couldn't care any less about Fridays though. Friday night football means nothing to me and I don't watch it unless we are playing.

Play a better brand of football.

Only just realised that about the Len Hall game. There is no reason that shouldn't be on the Saturday night every year.
I quite liked the setup they had around 2008-2015ish, where games were generally on Saturdays or when ANZAC day fell on a suitable day have it on the day
Play a better brand of football.
the brand of football that we played when we actually had our forward line last season wasn’t actually that bad, certainly no worse than others - case in point the game we had against Adelaide last season that finished 36-50 or whatever - the commentators that night pointed out that Adelaide actually made the first move in putting men behind the ball and generally were fairly defensive last season yet the narrative after that game was far more about Freo’s brand.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

I couldn't care any less about Fridays though. Friday night football means nothing to me and I don't watch it unless we are playing.
I don't mind, it's my birthday that day so a win is good. Also the problem with having it on the Saturday is we come back from Hobart having played on the Sunday. The club would rather a 7 day break after that. Geelong are also playing the Sunday before, it makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also a bit rich talking about playing brands, even when they were good often a horrible team to watch.

So many sensitive Freo fans. I merely suggested an explanation for not getting many prime time games.

Last edited:
Yes but you've dropped away after that because you couldn't afford to keep good players coming out of contract. It's not always an instant effect.

You asked what happened after we got stripped of COLA. I told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back