The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and how many flags have you won fairly?

We know 95 is bogus as fu**.
The ones with Big Nick in the ruck are dubious given corrections department were bribed to let him out of jail on Saturday to play footy.

When you can’t rort the inequitable zone system or cheat the cap look at how the Blues fair.

We have 20 years of evidence that Carlton don’t know how to build a list fairly ;)

1995 was bogus as * for under the table payments made between 1998-2001? And the flags with John Nicholls in 1968, 1970 and 1972 were dubious because he was allowed to play football during the 1960 season when he was supposed to be in jail?

Even for BigFooty, that is a hell of a stretch.

1995 was bogus as fu** for under the table payments made between 1998-2001? And the flags with John Nicholls in 1968, 1970 and 1972 were dubious because he was allowed to play football during the 1960 season when he was supposed to be in jail?

Even for BigFooty, that is a hell of a stretch.

Williams was being paid outside the cap between 93 and 95. There is chat that it happened to others too, that flag was dodgy.

Williams was being paid outside the cap between 93 and 95. There is chat that it happened to others too, that flag was dodgy.
Correct.

Our new board member helped cover it up. Lord help us.

Hey, as long as there is “chat” that something was happening. Carlton were never caught over the salary cap in 1995. There are plenty of occasions that clubs have gone over the salary cap and been fined for it, 1995 wasn’t one of those times.

Quick google found this, seems theres other articles too.

So Carlton might have paid Williams $66,000 per year in 1993, 1994, 1995 and didn’t go over the salary cap in 1995? I think a case of nothing to see here. The club was found not to have gone over the cap in 1995. Simple as that.

Dodgy in terms of GF smashings. We would have beaten the handbaggers by 30 points instead of the 60+ without Diesel.

I can’t tell you how happy I am with these pot shots at Carlton. They’ve all proved that Carlton’s “s**t period” in our history is literally the last 16 years. Contrast that to all the other Victorian club supporters on here who support clubs that didn’t do anything of any real significance at points in their history for decades. Football didn’t begin in the 21st Century.

You can make a case for Asterisk, Formerly Known As Essendon. LOL

Last edited:
What a f’ed up society we live in

Yes it’s pretty ****ed indeed. In particular, the lack of respect and the treatment of the indigenous people of our country is disgusting.

The sentiments and views of society is certainly changing for the positive, but still a long way to go.

Yes it’s pretty f’ed indeed. In particular, the lack of respect and the treatment of the indigenous people of our country is disgusting.

The sentiments and views of society is certainly changing for the positive, but still a long way to go.
Scary thing is these online trolls lead everyday lives mostly crime free. Then we've got the sick *s who actually act on deplorable thoughts based on race/religion/gender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scary thing is these online trolls lead everyday lives mostly crime free. Then we've got the sick fu**s who actually act on deplorable thoughts based on race/religion/gender

Yes it’s frightening indeed. I think there’s a lot of discomfort amongst the general public when issues like the recent Yuendumu shooting rears it’s head. It’s hard to believe in such an advanced, first world country that we live as we do, whilst our indigenous friends live in the conditions they have.

I don’t know exactly what was said to Ryan (I don’t believe it has been published) but I do wonder if it’s pehaps related. Prominent, successful figures of Aboriginal origin are sometimes an easy target for these campaigners to point their aggression at. We’re still a long way off the racial tolerance we strive for unfortunately.

I dont get how in this day and age they can post anonymously, surely we have rhe technology to found the culprits.
Well it's because of the way Governments (aka Peter Dutton) want to use this information (i.e did you look at a pr0n site you dirty perv) that internet secrecy is growing.

Yes it’s frightening indeed. I think there’s a lot of discomfort amongst the general public when issues like the recent Yuendumu shooting rears it’s head. It’s hard to believe in such an advanced, first world country that we live as we do, whilst our indigenous friends live in the conditions they have.

I don’t know exactly what was said to Ryan (I don’t believe it has been published) but I do wonder if it’s pehaps related. Prominent, successful figures of Aboriginal origin are sometimes an easy target for these campaigners to point their aggression at. We’re still a long way off the racial tolerance we strive for unfortunately.

You mean - reputable news and journalist websites didn't post it. Channel 7 however did because they are lowest common denominator trash.

Was on the news over here I think, was essentially along the lines of hoping his daughter receives a spear to the head and dies. Completely and utterly ****ed
It’s hard to believe in such an advanced, first world country that we live as we do, whilst our indigenous friends live in the conditions they have.
Yeah it’s saddening to think how different the conditions are. Almost like a completely different country. Really is something that deserves more attention to it in my view.

You can read what was said on that link. We even get to see which flog said it.

Got this eerie feeling we’re planning something. Rohan, Duncan and Danger all signed to long term deals this week.

Could we be tying down players in preparation for a FA raid in 12-24 months?

Got heaps of picks to get deals done.

Giants and Dees paid massive overs for their small Round 1 pick upgrades too fwiw

I can’t tell you how happy I am with these pot shots at Carlton. They’ve all proved that Carlton’s “s**t period” in our history is literally the last 16 years. Contrast that to all the other Victorian club supporters on here who support clubs that didn’t do anything of any real significance at points in their history for decades. Football didn’t begin in the 21st Century.

You can make a case for Asterisk, Formerly Known As Essendon. LOL
People would hold similar sentiments towards Essendon too though

Got this eerie feeling we’re planning something. Rohan, Duncan and Danger all signed to long term deals this week.

Could we be tying down players in preparation for a FA raid in 12-24 months?

Got heaps of picks to get deals done.

Giants and Dees paid massive overs for their small Round 1 pick upgrades too fwiw
Plenty of picks, you might as well if the right deal emerges

I'm a fan of the 4-5 cracks at it in the top 35-40 though, get some quantity in in the hope it turns out to be quality too (you have history in this regard)

Twomey’s Late Mail:

Pick 1 – Gold Coast – Matt Rowell
Pick 2 – Gold Coast – Noah Anderson
Pick 3 – Melbourne – Luke Jackson
Pick 4 – Greater Western Sydney – Lachie Ash
Pick 5 – Sydney – Sam Flanders
Pick 6 – Adelaide – Fischer McAsey
Pick 7 – Fremantle – Hayden Young
Pick 8 – Fremantle – Caleb Serong
Pick 9 – Carlton – Dylan Stephens
Pick 10 – Greater Western Sydney (matching Melbourne's bid) – Tom Green
Pick 11 – Melbourne – Kysaiah Pickett