The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we take Serong over Stephens or Robertson and Twomey is the only one I have seen even suggest it. JLo has said he wants outside speed and Stephens fits that perfectly.
There has been a few more suggestions that I’ve seen from some of the bigger draft watchers - apparently Serong and Young are good mates and we’ve told Serong we’re taking him. I look forward to melting if it’s true

If Kemp is dropping that low, I want Carlton to take him. He’s set to miss most of 2020 but everything I have read about the bloke, he might have been top 3 talent this year before the injury. Might be a good idea to draft and let him rehab for a year.

I doubt we take Serong over Stephens or Robertson and Twomey is the only one I have seen even suggest it. JLo has said he wants outside speed and Stephens fits that perfectly.
Twomey goes by whispers and usually his top 10 is spot on.

Weightman fills a need for us so hopefully he or Pickett falls to our pick.

Twomey goes by whispers and usually his top 10 is spot on.

Weightman fills a need for us so hopefully he or Pickett falls to our pick.
We are normally one of the sides he’s never really sure of us though (2017 and 2016 he got 1 out of 3 top 10 picks right iirc and even that was in the wrong spot in Brayshaw @ 5)

Twomey’s Late Mail:

Pick 1 – Gold Coast – Matt Rowell
Pick 2 – Gold Coast – Noah Anderson
Pick 3 – Melbourne – Luke Jackson
Pick 4 – Greater Western Sydney – Lachie Ash
Pick 5 – Sydney – Sam Flanders
Pick 6 – Adelaide – Fischer McAsey
Pick 7 – Fremantle – Hayden Young
Pick 8 – Fremantle – Caleb Serong
Pick 9 – Carlton – Dylan Stephens
Pick 10 – Greater Western Sydney (matching Melbourne's bid) – Tom Green
Pick 11 – Melbourne – Kysaiah Pickett
Pick 12 – Hawthorn – Will Day
Pick 13 – Port Adelaide – Miles Bergman
Pick 14 – Western Bulldogs – Cody Weightman
Pick 15 – Geelong – Deven Robertson
Pick 16 – Gold Coast – Brodie Kemp
Pick 17 – Port Adelaide – Sam De Koning
Pick 18 – Fremantle (matching Geelong's bid) – Liam Henry
Pick 19 – Geelong – Josh Worrell
Pick 20 – Port Adelaide – Harrison Jones
I'd be pretty pleased with that. Freo have done very well getting 2 early picks before a bid for Henry will come (would have been us)

I want Flanders, Stephens, Serong, Pickett in that order.

If Kemp is dropping that low, I want Carlton to take him. He’s set to miss most of 2020 but everything I have read about the bloke, he might have been top 3 talent this year before the injury. Might be a good idea to draft and let him rehab for a year.
No chance. We've got too many important players with dickie knees

Twomey’s Late Mail:

Pick 1 – Gold Coast – Matt Rowell
Pick 2 – Gold Coast – Noah Anderson
Pick 3 – Melbourne – Luke Jackson
Pick 4 – Greater Western Sydney – Lachie Ash
Pick 5 – Sydney – Sam Flanders
Pick 6 – Adelaide – Fischer McAsey
Pick 7 – Fremantle – Hayden Young
Pick 8 – Fremantle – Caleb Serong
Pick 9 – Carlton – Dylan Stephens
Pick 10 – Greater Western Sydney (matching Melbourne's bid) – Tom Green
Pick 11 – Melbourne – Kysaiah Pickett
Pick 12 – Hawthorn – Will Day
Pick 13 – Port Adelaide – Miles Bergman
Pick 14 – Western Bulldogs – Cody Weightman
Pick 15 – Geelong – Deven Robertson
Pick 16 – Gold Coast – Brodie Kemp
Pick 17 – Port Adelaide – Sam De Koning
Pick 18 – Fremantle (matching Geelong's bid) – Liam Henry
Pick 19 – Geelong – Josh Worrell
Pick 20 – Port Adelaide – Harrison Jones
You have no idea how happy I’d be to land Robertson.

Selwood 2.0
Another hard little nugget.

Interested to see if we can trade back into the first round or early second using 2020 first rounder. It will all depend on who we can get that pick from and where Fin gets bid on/not bid on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't want to risk pick 9 on Kemp. But to get him and then pick 21 might ease some of my concern. Still annoyed we didn't get Flanders though. Weightman too

Wishing Philp all the best but geez SOS nearly nailed that trade back perfectly. Could have turned pick 6 into Stocker and then Kemp and Robertson

SOS is going out with a Wayne Hughes like fu** you to the club. How's he not taken Robertson with the pick in the 20s
Because from what I see in Robertson he's a stock standard midifielder with no real special attributes. He's not an above average kick, or above average on speed or obtaining the ball.

I wanted Kemp at #9, so to get him at #17 and then another crack at a first round pick is fine with me. I would have been thrilled with Robertson but sometimes necessity trumps best available. We shall see what the club has in Philp. Too close to call for the backend of the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back