Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Richmond are scary as fu**.

They’ll win the flag, but they’re not scary. I haven’t watched every Richmond game this year but Friday night I thought that’s the best they’ve looked, and on the flip side that was probably the worst we’ve looked, had 1 goal at 3QT and went down by only 26pts. Richmond did butcher goals and had double our scoring shots however, for a big game build up it was a fizzler as we were so far off the pace to them. Hopefully we’ve learned a lot and have a better showing if we face them again, we would’ve learned more from it than Richmond did.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
They’ll win the flag, but they’re not scary. I haven’t watched every Richmond game this year but Friday night I thought that’s the best they’ve looked, and on the flip side that was probably the worst we’ve looked, had 1 goal at 3QT and went down by only 26pts. Richmond did butcher goals and had double our scoring shots however, for a big game build up it was a fizzler as we were so far off the pace to them. Hopefully we’ve learned a lot and have a better showing if we face them again, we would’ve learned more from it than Richmond did.

Haven’t Richmond got an extensive injury and suspension list? Right now they look pretty unstoppable and the flag favourite with so many players out. Perhaps scary isn’t the right word to use as they’re still a chance to not make the top 4 but moving forward, there isn’t a better list in the competition imo.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Haven’t Richmond got an extensive injury and suspension list? Right now they look pretty unstoppable and the flag favourite with so many players out. Perhaps scary isn’t the right word to use as they’re still a chance to not make the top 4 but moving forward, there isn’t a better list in the competition imo.

Not sure, I know Prestia, Caddy, Edwards and Astbury are out, and following Friday night now Soldo and Lynch, a fair injury list but not massive.

They’re going to take some beating, and funnily enough, one team I think that can do that is Collingwood.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The top 8 is all but set. Collingwood should beat Gold Coast tomorrow night to secure their spot. After that it would take a pretty wild final round to bump 6th to 8th out of it. Saints are through with a massive percentage that not even a loss in the final round should see them drop that much percentage. After that you’d expect the Bulldogs (vs Freo) to keep their spot over Melbourne (vs Essendon) and GWS (vs Saints)

Not sure, I know Prestia, Caddy, Edwards and Astbury are out, and following Friday night now Soldo and Lynch, a fair injury list but not massive.

They’re going to take some beating, and funnily enough, one team I think that can do that is Collingwood.

IMO, the Grand Finalists are anyone’s guess. Any combo of Richmond, Port, Geelong, West Coast, Brisbane and Collingwood could make it. Wide open field of matchups this year.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
The top 8 is all but set. Collingwood should beat Gold Coast tomorrow night to secure their spot. After that it would take a pretty wild final round to bump 6th to 8th out of it. Saints are through with a massive percentage that not even a loss in the final round should see them drop that much percentage. After that you’d expect the Bulldogs (vs Freo) to keep their spot over Melbourne (vs Essendon) and GWS (vs Saints)

IMO, the Grand Finalists are anyone’s guess. Any combo of Richmond, Port, Geelong, West Coast, Brisbane and Collingwood could make it. Wide open field of matchups this year.
Freo could easily beat us in Cairns, we arent there yet.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JD_2020

Cancelled
Sep 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
RPCB what were your thoughts on the Gibbs love fest post game yesterday?

I didn’t mind it. Yeah, he’s an opposition player but you can tell that he still loves Carlton and the players clearly are still close to him. Retiring players are usually chaired off in their final game but you don’t really see the other teams players chairing him off lol. We are coming to the end of an era with Kreuzer and Gibbs retired now and Simpson, Murphy and Betts to follow over the next 12 months or maybe even this week for one or two of them.

JD_2020

Cancelled
Sep 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I didn’t mind it. Yeah, he’s an opposition player but you can tell that he still loves Carlton and the players clearly are still close to him. Retiring players are usually chaired off in their final game but you don’t really see the other teams players chairing him off lol. We are coming to the end of an era with Kreuzer and Gibbs retired now and Simpson, Murphy and Betts to follow over the next 12 months or maybe even this week for one or two of them.
If we lost having shown up for 4 quarters then fair enough, it would be still too much for me. But the way we lost I hated seeing it.

But I guess that's why we let up 5-6 goals at a time. Too soft and nice to do the hard stuff

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
If we lost having shown up for 4 quarters then fair enough, it would be still too much for me. But the way we lost I hated seeing it.

But I guess that's why we let up 5-6 goals at a time. Too soft and nice to do the hard stuff

That’s fair enough. The first half was simply horrible. Any week, another quarter or half without a goal. Not good enough. This Adelaide turnaround has been incredible.

JD_2020

Cancelled
Sep 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
That’s fair enough. The first half was simply horrible. Any week, another quarter or half without a goal. Not good enough. This Adelaide turnaround has been incredible.
17 out of 27 games under Teague there has been a 5 goal run. No leadership at all to arrest the tide. If we kill it at 3 and only lose the quarter 4 goals to 1 rather 5-0 its a complete different ball game.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
So the alter ego ruffled some feathers saying Carlton should look to trade Zac Fisher. They're of the view he is a very good small forward, despite 6 goals from 8 games and 5 goalless games and ranking 40th for general fwds in score involvements per game.

Guess my question to the less biased posters here is would he get into your clubs best 22? Follow up question if no, do you even know who he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back