The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about a slightly used taylor walker to partner up with 800k mitch mcjiggles

I have heard a few times that McGovern is on $800k but AFL contracts aren’t public. Are we sure that is what he is on? Not that he should be getting paid even half that. Stealing a living that bloke is.

I have heard a few times that McGovern is on $800k but AFL contracts aren’t public. Are we sure that is what he is on? Not that he should be getting paid even half that. Stealing a living that bloke is.
The money i'm less concerned about because we struggle to hit 97% of the cap and can't lure across anyone other than Jack Martin.

It's the 2023 expiry of the *er that is the worst part!

The money i'm less concerned about because we struggle to hit 97% of the cap and can't lure across anyone other than Jack Martin.

It's the 2023 expiry of the f***er that is the worst part!

Prepare to be amazed. :p

money or 800k in pies idk. safe to say he hasnt come close to what he showed with us.

Apparently zero hanger and footywire arent true

Everywhere I’ve read all say he signed a 3 year extension in 2017 and 2020 stated as his end of contract year. I don’t think we are going to be burdened with him after this year.

So the alter ego ruffled some feathers saying Carlton should look to trade Zac Fisher. They're of the view he is a very good small forward, despite 6 goals from 8 games and 5 goalless games and ranking 40th for general fwds in score involvements per game.

Guess my question to the less biased posters here is would he get into your clubs best 22? Follow up question if no, do you even know who he is?
he'd be fringe with us imo, not sure he'd be enough of an improvement on what we currently have to be worth the possible price. I liked him in his first few seasons, but from what I've seen he's basically the same player he was 2-3 years ago

Everywhere I’ve read all say he signed a 3 year extension in 2017 and 2020 stated as his end of contract year. I don’t think we are going to be burdened with him after this year.
This would be as good as scraping into the 8 if true. But I'm pretty sure he is contracted through til 2023. 5 year deal when he joined

This would be as good as scraping into the 8 if true. But I'm pretty sure he is contracted through til 2023. 5 year deal when he joined

Well s**t, you’re right. Right there on the contract status thread on the Carlton board. McGovern is signed until 2023. Serves me right for looking at dodgy websites

he'd be fringe with us imo, not sure he'd be enough of an improvement on what we currently have to be worth the possible price. I liked him in his first few seasons, but from what I've seen he's basically the same player he was 2-3 years ago
Last year was understandable coming off the broken leg. First 2 years showed good signs. Year 4 now has been the worst of the lot.

I have plenty to say but it’s probably not suitable for a public forum. What a flog is the best I can do for now.

This is a new incident that occurred on Sunday morning.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have been sacked for the calculated breach after being told 3 times individually by Swans staff about what not to do
Nah.

Plenty of others have deliberately breached and are much more senior players.

Nah.

Plenty of others have deliberately breached and are much more senior players.
Senior players have breached or their families? I thought it was only Stack and the other bloke with the kebabs and this one?

Any others in WA? They had the strictest rules and premier hence why the Swans went so hard trying to enforce the message to him before heading over

Senior players have breached or their families? I thought it was only Stack and the other bloke with the kebabs and this one?

Any others in WA? They had the strictest rules and premier hence why the Swans went so hard trying to enforce the message to him before heading over

Houston and Ladhams too mate.

Then there was Buckley as well.

Last edited:
Houston and Ladhams too mate.

Then there was Buckley as well.
Houston and Ladhams weren't in quarantine facilities were they?

Buckley was an unintentional breach. As dumb as it was it wasn't calculated.

Taylor worked out how he could break someone into a quarantine facility. If a returned overseas traveller did it they'd be facing criminal charges.

Houston and Ladhams weren't in quarantine facilities were they?

Buckley was an unintentional breach. As dumb as it was it wasn't calculated.

Taylor worked out how he could break someone into a quarantine facility. If a returned overseas traveller did it they'd be facing criminal charges.

They breached COVID restrictions which is what you asked. They invited people outside their bubble to their house for a party. No different to someone inviting their GF into the bubble. For Port players my understanding is their houses are essentially their quarantine facility same as for WCE and Freo.

Unintentional? He played sport with someone outside the bubble lol.

I think you're using a bit of mental gymnastics here. The kid is scum who should be delisted but linking this to the COVID breach is silly.

They breached COVID restrictions which is what you asked. They invited people outside their bubble to their house for a party. No different to someone inviting their GF into the bubble. For Port players my understanding is their houses are essentially their quarantine facility same as for WCE and Freo.

Unintentional? He played sport with someone outside the bubble lol.

I think you're using a bit of mental gymnastics here. The kid is scum who should be delisted but linking this to the COVID breach is silly.
I asked who else had a calculated deliberate breach. Should have said calculated quarantine breach sorry!

Sounds like we'll be trade period active again. 3 first rounders but are heavily interested in Crouch and Cameron as RFA's. Daniher (meh, apparently) and now have put Breust on our radar.
Breust would be on every clubs radar. Can't see him wanting to leave or be trade though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back