The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that continues to amaze me is the inability of the opposition to be able to tackle Ablett properly. Even after all these years, he still somehow someway is able to break a tackle or get a clean disposal out. It’s an art form in itself.

One thing that continues to amaze me is the inability of the opposition to be able to tackle Ablett properly. Even after all these years, he still somehow someway is able to break a tackle or get a clean disposal out. It’s an art form in itself.

He’s very strong at the hips, in his prime it was such a pleasure to watch.

He has had an incredible incredible. He needed a few early years early in his career to become who he eventually became but when he did, he was amazing. Snr and Jnr are the greatest Father/Son duo this sport has produced. And considering the genes, could we perhaps get another amazing Ablett generation in the future?

Gaz’s little boy is quite ill with a rare degenerative disease. Would love another Ablett playing for Geelong in the future though.

Gaz’s little boy is quite ill with a rare degenerative disease. Would love another Ablett playing for Geelong in the future though.

Yeah, that is horrible. Hopefully everything turns out good in the future for the Ablett family.

Saturday night sucked, but I feel honoured to have watched the little master in the flesh in his 2nd last game.

I was over it by yesterday afternoon - Geelong were immense. Monstered us around the contest and executed their system to perfection. I really hope they go all the way.

Cameron is a fantastic get by the Cats. Their list management is unmatched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Cameron and (possibly Crouch) as RFA. Smith as UFA.
Higgins for a 2nd rounder.

Get that and hold onto our 3 first rounders and looking solid for a while yet.

Would be an incredible haul for Geelong, coming off a Grand Final.

Would be an incredible haul for Geelong, coming off a Grand Final.
Wells the best in the business. When Taylor retires in just over a week we will have 3 players from the 2011 GF team still at the club.
Missed finals once. 6 prelims. 1 GF. Hopefully 1 flag.

Gaz had a longer peak than Judd but only judging by how good they were at their absolute peak, I'd lean towards Judd. He was like a cheat code at WC. Wasnt the same when he went to Carlton.

Unlucky son.

Unlucky son.
Reading that a few are saying the same thing as Jod. Judds absolute best was better or at least as good than Abletts, but Abletts been by far the better player over a career.

Reading that a few are saying the same thing as Jod. Judds absolute best was better or at least as good than Abletts, but Abletts been by far the better player over a career.

Those people are clearly forgetting 2009-2014 Ablett then. He legitimately was unstoppable right up until Macaffer tackled him and he did the shoulder. Multiple seasons over 30 touches and 1+ goals a game. Rarefied air.

Jod then made the deluded, and biased, decision that he’d pick Judd.

Ablett is discussed as possibly (wrong) being better than his father (AFL TOTC member) and is mentioned in the same esteem as Matthews (AFL TOTC member). I’m sorry but Judd just isn’t fit to be compared to him and he was an excellent player in his own right.

Judd’s best started a lot earlier than GAJnr. Ablett polled 14 Brownlow votes in his first 5 years in the league. Judd had polled 78 and won the award during that period. He came to Carlton and won another one but he had started to decline in the last 3 to 4 years of his career and retired early in 2015. Both incredible players who had very similar down years late in their careers.

Those people are clearly forgetting 2009-2014 Ablett then. He legitimately was unstoppable right up until Macaffer tackled him and he did the shoulder. Multiple seasons over 30 touches and 1+ goals a game. Rarefied air.

Jod then made the deluded, and biased, decision that he’d pick Judd.

Ablett is discussed as possibly (wrong) being better than his father (AFL TOTC member) and is mentioned in the same esteem as Matthews (AFL TOTC member). I’m sorry but Judd just isn’t fit to be compared to him and he was an excellent player in his own right.
I'd take Gaz Jr over his old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back