The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Essendon still sign Kyle Dunkley

Yeah, something not right at the Pies. Wouldnt be surprised if they were over tge cap and the AFL gave them the chance to fix it.

I can’t quite recall any other trade period like this, offloading that much ready made talent for (relatively) peanuts. Truth will come out eventually, however it’s been quite amazing and ridiculous to watch it unfold.

My Pies mates are filthy about the Stephenson deal, and the fact they need to keep playing Beams. Absolutely ropeable.

Imagine having to fulfil a contract under the salary cap. That'd be like us making Buddy retire at the start of this season and being upset we can't just get out of the last 3 years of his deal.

I can’t quite recall any other trade period like this, offloading that much ready made talent for (relatively) peanuts. Truth will come out eventually, however it’s been quite amazing and ridiculous to watch it unfold.
Yep, certainly fishy s**t going on at the pies.

JUH points and Treloar with wage contribution for essentially a future 2nd is madness

Just put a microphone in front of Treloar and Stephenson. I reckon neither one of them would be shy about spilling everyone.

DYYXGKo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's lol about that. He's fringe at Brisbane, he's likely gonna be fringe here, I think it's more a look at when Jetta and Hurn retire.

Gov, Barrass, Sheppard, Duggan and Hurn are locks down back. So Witherden is fighting for that last spot with guys like Tom Cole, Nelson, Rotham, Jetta etc..

What's lol about that. He's fringe at Brisbane, he's likely gonna be fringe here, I think it's more a look at when Jetta and Hurn retire.

Gov, Barrass, Sheppard, Duggan and Hurn are locks down back. So Witherden is fighting for that last spot with guys like Tom Cole, Nelson, Rotham, Jetta etc..
How the hell is he fringe?

He lost his spot to Birchall didnt he?

Yep they preferred a mix of Birchall, Starcevich and Ah Chee over witherden for a number of different reasons

Erm, he played I think 6 games this past season. He lost his place, he was very much a fringe player at Brisbane. Might be the same for him at West Coast, guess we wait and see.
And before that?

I was a bit annoyed we didn't go after Witherden because he's a Geelong local but we can't get Jordan Clark a regular game ATM with 3 new additions so he wouldn't get a regular game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back