The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free at last. Freeeeeee at last.
I think most of us don’t post on the main board, I know Gero does though.
Less and less frequently now.
Cesspit it has become in recent seasons.

Our captain doesn’t even have a thread toasting him (like most others do) for game 300 as the trolling it’d result in would be not worth the effort.

Don’t mind the deal. Free would have been better but two picks that will get pushed into the late teens is a fair compromise. Pick 20 (likely 26) for two 2nd rounders next year (Essendon and GWS) likely to be in the 20s is a good side deal. Essentially Fogarty for Higgins is alright and Smith for free can’t be complained about.

Blues need to use him as a mid. Repeat our mistake and misuse as a forward pocket and he will be a bust.
A 4th round pick for Phillips, wow. Some real issues with the cap over at Collingwood.
There will be an autobiography at some point that will shed light on the * ups that have taken place.
Guys... game changer. We got Witherden.
weird remark but not unexpected.

Dare say you view very little outside the Eagles bubble
Sammy Power did well getting JUH points too. Quite the midfield we be sending out next season.View attachment 1010250
Should be ours. Spent more time in our catchment area than yours :mad:

Bont forward for mine.
I was kidding. He's a good kick but if he cant get into Brisbane's best 22, how will he get into ours. I think we're trying to find an elite kick out of defense as Jetta and Hurn are winding up.
What's lol about that. He's fringe at Brisbane, he's likely gonna be fringe here, I think it's more a look at when Jetta and Hurn retire.

Gov, Barrass, Sheppard, Duggan and Hurn are locks down back. So Witherden is fighting for that last spot with guys like Tom Cole, Nelson, Rotham, Jetta etc..
he will absolutely walk into the Eagles side. I wanted us to get him at that low price, and he’d walk into our defence. Which is better than yours, as was Brisbane’s.

Great news.

Money for Windy Hill and another 40m for us to finish off the redevelopment after the 2021 season.

Our captain doesn’t even have a thread toasting him (like most others do) for game 300 as the trolling it’d result in would be not worth the effort.

I often get notifications of new threads on the main board and they sound as ridiculous as I am sure the conversation is. Cesspit is bloody accurate.

Don’t mind the deal. Free would have been better but two picks that will get pushed into the late teens is a fair compromise. Pick 20 (likely 26) for two 2nd rounders next year (Essendon and GWS) likely to be in the 20s is a good side deal. Essentially Fogarty for Higgins is alright and Smith for free can’t be complained about.

Blues need to use him as a mid. Repeat our mistake and misuse as a forward pocket and he will be a bust.

What I have heard is that Fogarty was acquired as a forward pocket but who knows if he will exclusively play the position. Zac Williams was promised a midfield spot and I reckon Fogarty will play some mid as well. Just really excited about him from some of the things I have read from a Geelong supporters.

We are bound a good trade with Geelong. The last two still gives me chills. Darcy Lang coming to Carlton and trading someone as good and hard at it as Zac Tuohy to Geelong for peanuts.

Welcome back mate.

Bont forward for mine.
Yeah we got lucky with Jamarra, so ******* pumped to see him run around in a Doggies jumper.

And yep, Bont to CHF surely happens.

Money for Windy Hill and another 40m for us to finish off the redevelopment after the 2021 season.

Tiggers getting some cash to for Punt RD, great to see these suburban ground getting facelifts.

Why won't he? If he is that highly rated, why wouldn't Adelaide make you pay for him?

#1 pick gets $20k from NAB or something, plus there is the status of it.

Whoever goes to Adelaide will have the stigma of being second choice and being cost the $20k as JUH will be matched at any pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because i dont see Adelaide giving up all the financial and marketing benefits of pick 1 and handing that to the Dogs. Would be quite silly

That may be, but if they rate him as the number 1 player in the draft and fits a need on their list, they would be fools to not select him and hope that you don't match. They would be idiots to let the commercial side that they wouldn't make much out of dictate their draft strategy.

There will be an autobiography at some point that will shed light on the fu** ups that have taken place.
weird remark but not unexpected.

Dare say you view very little outside the Eagles bubble

Bont forward for mine.

he will absolutely walk into the Eagles side. I wanted us to get him at that low price, and he’d walk into our defence. Which is better than yours, as was Brisbane’s.

Welcome back champ, every joker needs his batman ;)

That may be, but if they rate him as the number 1 player in the draft and fits a need on their list, they would be fools to not select him and hope that you don't match. They would be idiots to let the commercial side that they wouldn't make much out of dictate their draft strategy.

They'd be idiots to pick a player they know the Dogs are just going to match imo.

But hey i hope they do so we can show off the number 1 pick.

Jack Steven retires, odd move in the end.

especially since he was contracted for next year

He has his battles, wish him well in retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back