The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't even think it was televised. Do people actually watch it? Lol.
I did use to sometimes listened to it on the radio when they pretty much just read the names out.

These days I just wait till it's done and then read up on the young blokes that we got the next day.

It's fun to watch and speculate who your team will pick.

This year went for so long partly due to the technical side of it (being over Zoom) but also because Fox Footy nearly used the full ******* five minutes between every pick so they could discuss the last player.
I'm sure teams had picks in much earlier but nope, had to wait til the last 20 seconds when Fox had interviewed the last guy and were ready to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🙏🙏🙏 to Rusty and the Ebert Family (and the PAFC fanbase)

Never saw him play but I do believe he is to Port what someone like Doull or Sticks is to Carlton.

Never saw him play but I do believe he is to Port what someone like Doull or Sticks is to Carlton.
he's bigger than that. in a state mad about football he is the guy. it's russell ebert. he is footy in this state. young or old, who cares about allegiances. port, norwood, sturt, who cares, russell ebert is the man.

unfortunately i was aware of this a few days back through working in pathology. absolutely floored me. you know it can happen to anyone but when it happens to guys of this sort, you don't believe it. but the word ebert is synonymous with grit and fight, so hopefully he can be the man once again and beat this awful disease.

Really sad news. I was actually reading a debate about who the best South Australian footballer is the other week. Russell Ebert and Barrie Robran’s name came up the most, with some saying Barrie and others saying Russell was so great that he should have legend status. South Australia have bred a lot of the greats of our great sport.

Really sad news. I was actually reading a debate about who the best South Australian footballer is the other week. Russell Ebert and Barrie Robran’s name came up the most, with some saying Barrie and others saying Russell was so great that he should have legend status. South Australia have bred a lot of the greats of our great sport.

Having never had the luck or youth to watch any of the SANFL greats play, I have always felt Ebert was the GOAT SA footballer my self..

And yes, it's no question he should be elevated to Legend Status in the Aussie Rules Hall of Fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back