The Association Football AFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of those are Freo supporters and how many are on the East Coast and have no knowledge of our list and just listen to the bullshit spouted by the Vic media? I would suggest almost all are the latter.
Most of your own folk were from 7th down. So taking into account mild levels of bias I don't think the general viewpoint is far off the mark.
But nice out you've given though lol. It's all vicbias fault haha.

Most of your own folk were from 7th down. So taking into account mild levels of bias I don't think the general viewpoint is far off the mark.
But nice out you've given though lol. It's all vicbias fault haha.

Stop trying to change the narrative. I never said anything about Vic bias. The Victorian media have NFI about us. In turn, most football supporters outside WA know * all about us. Hell, even the overwhelming majority of the WA media don't either because we aren't 7 and The West's love child.

7th and down is where all Freo supporters would have put us. You know, those of us that know about our list. You can't use the opinions of those that don't know as an argument for your idiotic opinion.

Stop trying to change the narrative. I never said anything about Vic bias. The Victorian media have NFI about us. In turn, most football supporters outside WA know fu** all about us. Hell, even the overwhelming majority of the WA media don't either because we aren't 7 and The West's love child.

7th and down is where all Freo supporters would have put us. You know, those of us that know about our list. You can't use the opinions of those that don't know as an argument for your idiotic opinion.
Let’s see where you are after 22 matches then, then we can see who was closer the mark.

Those who have a closer knowledge or the masses from the 17 others.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I don’t get the Freo hype. A decent backline. A raw/developing midfield + Fyfe and Mundy. A forward line with Taberner as the spearhead. Genuine plodders on every line. What am I missing here?

I don’t get the Freo hype. A decent backline. A raw/developing midfield + Fyfe and Mundy. A forward line with Taberner as the spearhead. Genuine plodders on every line. What am I missing here?

eth-dog

They've been smashed by injuries (their first choice ruckman, two key defenders and Fyfe were all missing today). Still, it doesn't excuse the complete lack of effort and being pantsed by Carlton. Longmuir's dour defensive style will also not work with the new rules changes so he needs to come up with a plan B.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
They've been smashed by injuries (their first choice ruckman, two key defenders and Fyfe were all missing today). Still, it doesn't excuse the complete lack of effort and being pantsed by Carlton. Longmuir's dour defensive style will also not work with the new rules changes so he needs to come up with a plan B.
Curnow, Fisher, Martin, De Koning, Newman, etc. were missing from Carlton. Most sides have key injuries. Their list does nothing for me.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
That was a good, 4 quarter performance yesterday. Seeing Cripps on fire was so good to see. Harry McKay of course with 7 goals. Clean up the kicking and Harry could be anything in this league. Lachie Fogarty has been such a solid recruit, as have Williams and Saad. I was impressed yesterday with Luke Parks in his debut, another Swans academy member that looks like he belongs in this league.

We have picked up so many duds from Geelong over the years, it's nice we got a good one for a change. Fogarty is a real goer with a great kick 👍👍👍

You would have to go all the way back to Adrian Hickmott and Andrew Carrazzo to get a good Carlton recruit from Geelong.

Curnow, Fisher, Martin, De Koning, Newman, etc. were missing from Carlton. Most sides have key injuries. Their list does nothing for me.
As I said, it's not an excuse for what they dished up yesterday. Their mids will be fine eventually. Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra will be a dangerous trio, although they need to learn how to cope without Fyfe. Their talls are either made of paper or flat-stick s**t, they'll be nuts not to throw coin at McDonald or, in the very least, Georgiades when their contracts are running out.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
As I said, it's not an excuse for what they dished up yesterday. Their mids will be fine eventually. Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra will be a dangerous trio, although they need to learn how to cope without Fyfe. Their talls are either made of paper or flat-stick sh*t, they'll be nuts not to throw coin at McDonald or, in the very least, Georgiades when their contracts are running out.
Why mention injuries then? I don’t know what you’re trying to argue here. I think they have an ordinary list. You’ve said nothing to convince me otherwise. It’s like you’re trying to defend them, but all you’re doing is paraphrasing what I just said.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
hawthorn have looked alright when they lift their pressure a touch, but need more from their forwards who are just lacking against the likes of stewart. need someone down there who can take a mark. could be worth sticking mcevoy down there for the last 10 mins.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
hawthorn's kicking out of the backlines continually let them down. why are they allowed frost to try dinky little 15m kicks? why are they going across goal with 2 mins left? just get it forward against a side struggling to run the game out.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Some absolute plodders on the Hawks list weighing down a lot of talent. Held both Grand Finalists to relatively low scores in consecutive weeks. Really positive.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Any Geelong fan who is happy with that win is on the kool aid. Most good teams in the comp (including my mob) would have beaten you on that lethargic, arrogant, over possession game plan, if to be fair, I feel is more on the coach than the players, you still have Dangerfield and Cameron to come back which is a plus.

Honestly don't think it's the age of Geelong's main core of the players that is the problem, it's Chris Scott and his inability to adapt to the new rules and interpretations.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Some absolute plodders on the Hawks list weighing down a lot of talent. Held both Grand Finalists to relatively low scores in consecutive weeks. Really positive.

At Least the Hawks are having a crack and youth showing a lot more than I thought (Jiath looks like a ripper)

If that game wenr another 90 secs or so, they would have won.

They just look slow compared to how most of the other good teams have changed this season.
Geelong still play crab like footy, very slow. But its been effective so why change.
Said it after round 1 that the new rule was great for the game but won’t benefit us. We don’t possess the skills required to play that gung ho footy.

Make no mistake we won today because of how we set up behind the ball. Ugly and slow but needed when most of your backline can’t kick and arguably your 3 best leading targets after Hawkins were all out (Cameron, Rohan and Dangerfield).

Traded and drafted this off season with running in mind. That said the lack of fitness due to shorter preseason than everyone else and Higgins contributed to their comeback. Two weeks in a row run out of legs.
Any Geelong fan who is happy with that win is on the kool aid. Most good teams in the comp (including my mob) would have beaten you on that lethargic, arrogant, over possession game plan, if to be fair, I feel is more on the coach than the players, you still have Dangerfield and Cameron to come back which is a plus.

Honestly don't think it's the age of Geelong's main core of the players that is the problem, it's Chris Scott and his inability to adapt to the new rules and interpretations.
Players. Can’t play the way the game is trending if all bar Henderson and Stewart in the backline can’t kick under pressure.

We’ll get better and no point peaking now, better to peak in winter.
just glad this lot are 1-2, really should by 0-3.

Had a crack.

Going to struggle to win games when our key forwards are so immature.
Need to phase out some players and continue putting games into the kids.

Played into Geelongs hands with our inside 50s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back