The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only the AFL that became like rugby, local footy has always been played like footy should be.

The new stand rule is easy to get use to but it feels weird just standing there like a statue, instinctively you want to move!

It was only the AFL that became like rugby, local footy has always been played like footy should be.

The new stand rule is easy to get use to but it feels weird just standing there like a statue, instinctively you want to move!

Exactly, I'm surprised how well most players have adapted; that instinct has been there since the first time they picked up a Sherrin.

Not often you get linked with players in a trade and not really want it to come to fruition. Not sure where Tucker would get in our side and Darcy would be overpriced for the eventual output, they’d want a first and I wouldn’t want that paid. Rather go to the draft tbh.

Not often you get linked with players in a trade and not really want it to come to fruition. Not sure where Tucker would get in our side and Darcy would be overpriced for the eventual output, they’d want a first and I wouldn’t want that paid. Rather go to the draft tbh.

Don't listen to a word Sumich says. That * stain has done nothing but slander and make up bullshit since the club sacked him as an assistant and then it has become even worse since the they gave the job to JLo over him.

He is just about my favourite Carlton player. Clean. Tackles stick. Smart. He's height doesnt hurt him at all going into the middle
Glad he got his chance. Didn’t work with us, think we got sucked into the new fan-dangled fad of forward pressure and thought we could convert a tackling mid into one, well we tried 3 of them at it.

Fogarty is now at Carlton. Dahlhaus does nothing and Atkins is off halfback. So really was just a case of recruiting a square peg for a round hole, history will be rewritten by idiots that he left because we went for Higgins instead. He’d have left regardless for opportunities.

Glad he got his chance. Didn’t work with us, think we got sucked into the new fan-dangled fad of forward pressure and thought we could convert a tackling mid into one, well we tried 3 of them at it.

Fogarty is now at Carlton. Dahlhaus does nothing and Atkins is off halfback. So really was just a case of recruiting a square peg for a round hole, history will be rewritten by idiots that he left because we went for Higgins instead. He’d have left regardless for opportunities.
It's a nice problem Geelong will always have with the good recruiting that goes on that no matter how good a player is 30-35 doesn't fit into 22.

I'm tipping a massive upset tonight. Hope I'm wrong but I think the young Swans might trip up going in as massive favourites.
I am very worried about their forward line. Our defence is smallish and very inexperienced.
Last week we could put Zerk-Thatcher on King and let Francis and Ridley do as they pleased, but I think Francis has to play on someone tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be un-Sydney like to get ahead of yourselves. But the way you're playing is un-Sydney like so I've just got a feeling it won't be the easy/big win many expect

Why is the way we're playing un-Sydney like, out of curiosity? Don't buy into the media garbage mate.

Does everyone so quickly forget the sling-shot footy we played from 2010-13?

Why is the way we're playing un-Sydney like, out of curiosity? Don't buy into the media garbage mate.

Does everyone so quickly forget the sling-shot footy we played from 2010-13?
To be fair I was living in the UK for most of that period you mention there and barely watched much footy

Someone make a meme (glenferry23) with the movie guy from the Simpsons saying "It stinks" but instead say "It's ball" and then the doctor says "Yes Sydney, everything is ball"

1133231.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back