Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
[/QUOTE]
The hottest of takes. A horridly bad take.

You are more full of yourself and your opinions than Alan Jones or Ray Hadley.

Only About 2 or 3 players I would honestly give a 7 year contract to, and right now Petracca is not one of them. If you disagree fine, no need to be so hostile about it though.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
He is a restricted free agent so it won't really be a choice of nominating. If WC have told their players to take a pay cut and they won't be bringing in anyone on big money he'd be likely to have to take under $500k a year from WC and you'd still need to work out a trade with us. At least with Freo he would get the $'s he'd be able to command and there's already a heap of young Vics on their list that could make a trade possible.
Oh for sure, I know it would be difficult but I just dont think Cripps would go to Freo, so we would just have to figure something out. I think Hurn might retire at the end of this season so all his money could go straight into the Cripps fund.

If I join a thread and im 6 pages back. I find something I want to reply to, I reply.

I return to 6 pages back continue reading. Find something I want to reply to, I reply.

This is the way.
Quivorir just had an aneurysm.
These are the people who pull wings off flies, I swear.

Surely you're smarter than this.
You’ve been asked why you believe the comment you made.

These 5 words don’t answer that question.

So why?

and I will ask you having made it clear that league rules prevent trading a R1 pick and west coast are tight for cap space.

and before you query the cap. Tom Browne (bs merchant) at Ch7, Jake Niall (The Age) and Cal Twomey (AFL) have all highlighted WCE as having a tight cap.

So I put to you that you have made a big claim borne out of nothing more than ‘we are West Coast and Freo are s**t Ha Di Ha Ha’ so naturally he would come here... and had no clue that via Trade or RFA you likely don’t have the capital to get it done.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
For the purpose of an earlier comment I made about Petracca, the following is a list of the 3 players in the league I would give a 7 year contract to (age and ceiling being a factor, so that rules out Dusty.

Also trying to remain impartial, no Carlton players in this discussion

1 Matt Rowell (assuming he will get over his injuries, which I am hopeful he will

2 Zac Butters (absolute ripper of a player, who will onlu get better and better, definitely will be better than Petracca, esp if you compare them at the same.age)

3 Aaron Naughton or Oscar Allen (this variable changes almost weekly, 3 weeks ago, would have gone for the Grouch, but Naughton's last month of footy has been extraordinary)

Petracca turns 26 before the start of next season.

Is he really going to get that much better ?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
You’ve been asked why you believe the comment you made.

These 5 words don’t answer that question.

So why?

and I will ask you having made it clear that league rules prevent trading a R1 pick and west coast are tight for cap space.

and before you query the cap. Tom Browne (bs merchant) at Ch7, Jake Niall (The Age) and Cal Twomey (AFL) have all highlighted WCE as having a tight cap.

So I put to you that you have made a big claim borne out of nothing more than ‘we are West Coast and Freo are sh*t Ha Di Ha Ha’ so naturally he would come here... and had no clue that via Trade or RFA you likely don’t have the capital to get it done.
My claim had nothing to with how it gets done as I'm aware in our situation it would be quite difficult to get it done given our tight cap and the previous deal with Kelly that has hamstrung us a little.

My claim was just that Cripps wouldnt want to come home to play with Freo, he would want to come home and play for WCE.

The reasons for that is that he has wasted the first half of his career in a losing situation so would not want to make a big move just to go to another perennial loser. If he comes home he would want to play for WC. That's all I'm saying.

My claim had nothing to with how it gets done as I'm aware in our situation it would be quite difficult to get it done given our tight cap and the previous deal with Kelly that has hamstrung us a little.

My claim was just that Cripps wouldnt want to come home to play with Freo, he would want to come home and play for WCE.

The reasons for that is that he has wasted the first half of his career in a losing situation so would not want to make a big move just to go to another perennial loser. If he comes home he would want to play for WC. That's all I'm saying.
No idea why. If as you say he’s halfway through his career so a move home would be based around prospects of success then odd logic to say WCE.

Likely finals cannon fodder in 2021. Unlikely to be better in 3 years time.

3rd oldest list this year. In 3 years time (by season’s end) Gaff is 32, Sheppard 33, Yeo 30, Redden 33, Naitanui 34, Kelly 30, Shuey 34, Cripps 32, Kennedy 37 (ret), Vardy 33, McGovern 32, Hurn 37 (ret), Darling 32.

How many of those are in your best 10 players? Maybe 8-9?

Fremantle 13th oldest list. In 3 years time the following players will be over 30. Mundy 39 (ret), Conca 32, Fyfe 33, Walters 33, Wilson 31, Taberner 31, Hamling 31, Hill 34, Colyer 33, Lobb 31.

Certainly looks a more replaceable group than yours. Younger team so has growth left, has recent high picks, more picks to come.

If you are right and he doesn’t want Freo then he’d be choosing WCE for money and to come home. Not success.

If he’s after success then either Freo have that scope for growth or he re-signs with Carlton.

And before you think about making it about my club, 2nd oldest list so that cliff may arrive for us soon enough too.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
No idea why. If as you say he’s halfway through his career so a move home would be based around prospects of success then odd logic to say WCE.

Likely finals cannon fodder in 2021. Unlikely to be better in 3 years time.

3rd oldest list this year. In 3 years time (by season’s end) Gaff is 32, Sheppard 33, Yeo 30, Redden 33, Naitanui 34, Kelly 30, Shuey 34, Cripps 32, Kennedy 37 (ret), Vardy 33, McGovern 32, Hurn 37 (ret), Darling 32.

How many of those are in your best 10 players? Maybe 8-9?

Fremantle 13th oldest list. In 3 years time the following players will be over 30. Mundy 39 (ret), Conca 32, Fyfe 33, Walters 33, Wilson 31, Taberner 31, Hamling 31, Hill 34, Colyer 33, Lobb 31.

Certainly looks a more replaceable group than yours. Younger team so has growth left, has recent high picks, more picks to come.

If you are right and he doesn’t want Freo then he’d be choosing WCE for money and to come home. Not success.

If he’s after success then either Freo have that scope for growth or he re-signs with Carlton.

And before you think about making it about my club, 2nd oldest list so that cliff may arrive for us soon enough too.
No interest about Geelong, we're not talking about them.

Sure you can say a lot of our players are a little bit older. But history will tell you that doesnt matter. WCE are a club that generally succeeds and Freo just arent.

West Coast have played 34 full seasons in the AFL and 25 out of those 34 seasons we have played Finals, winning 4 flags. Fremantle on the other hand has played 25 full seasons making the finals just 7 times for 0 flags. They havent made the finals since 2015.

So the proof is in the pudding, will we need to replace aging stars, yes, but we've done it in the past and continue to be successful. I'm sure we will do it again.

Cripps I'm sure wouldnt be too keen to join another perennial loser club like Freo. Not saying we would win a flag if he joined but history suggest we'd be the far better bet for him for a bit of success if he were to return home.

How we get him would be another story and would prove quite difficult given our situation.

Also why are we unlikely to get better in three years time. Our core is still young enough to have a go at a flag in the next 2-3 years. We have young talents like Oscar Allen, Brander, Rotham and plenty of guys who will still contribute at a high level in the next 2-3 years.

The obvious choice if Cripps were to come home, would be to join WCE.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
No interest about Geelong, we're not talking about them.

Sure you can say a lot of our players are a little bit older. But history will tell you that doesnt matter. WCE are a club that generally succeeds and Freo just arent.

West Coast have played 34 full seasons in the AFL and 25 out of those 34 seasons we have played Finals, winning 4 flags. Fremantle on the other hand has played 25 full seasons making the finals just 7 times for 0 flags. They havent made the finals since 2015.

So the proof is in the pudding, will we need to replace aging stars, yes, but we've done it in the past and continue to be successful. I'm sure we will do it again.

Cripps I'm sure wouldnt be too keen to join another perennial loser club like Freo. Not saying we would win a flag if he joined but history suggest we'd be the far better bet for him for a bit of success if he were to return home.

How we get him would be another story and would prove quite difficult given our situation.

Patrick Cripps has won none of those flags, so he won’t care about your history.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Uh... what? Mundy is going to win the rising star soon, not retire.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Huh?

I'm saying WCE have a history of success, Freo dont. Of course he will care about history as it suggest what is likely to happen in the future.
History means Fk All. Two of those flags happened before he was born. Might as well stay at Carlton, they've won a lot of flags.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Huh?

I'm saying WCE have a history of success, Freo dont. Of course he will care about history as it suggest what is likely to happen in the future.

Yea, you do. Cripps still won’t care about your history if he likes Fremantle’s youth more.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
He also wont care for history when his manager says you've got very little chance getting a trade done with WC but if you want to go back to WA then Carlton and Freo have a lot more chance making it happen

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yea, you do. Cripps still won’t care about your history if he likes Fremantle’s youth more.
Freo's youth isnt even that good?

Anyways, I wont go back and forth. No idea if Cripps wants to come home and I dont really super want him. Our midfield is pretty stacked as it it. All I'm saying is that if he does come home, my money is on him wanting to join WC rather than Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back