The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said that about Kelly too. Still made that happen.
Yeah and because of that trade you can't trade multiple first round picks again as Art already pointed out. Of course 3x first round picks and a steak knives player from you would get it done. But you can't trade out your next two first rounders and are already one short even if you could.

Yeah and because of that trade you can't trade multiple first round picks again as Art already pointed out. Of course 3x first round picks and a steak knives player from you would get it done. But you can't trade out your next two first rounders and are already one short even if you could.
I havent disputed the fact that it would be terribly difficult to make it happen. Just that he would definitely want to join WC over Freo.

I havent disputed the fact that it would be terribly difficult to make it happen. Just that he would definitely want to join WC over Freo.
And the point I don't think you're grasping is it's not a WC v Freo debate with Cripps' decision. Its a Vic v WA debate. Once he decides that he goes wherever it gets done easiest.

And the point I don't think you're grasping is it's not a WC v Freo debate with Cripps' decision. Its a Vic v WA debate. Once he decides that he goes wherever it gets done easiest.
Of course it's WC v Freo. That's the debate that follows the Vic v WA debate. If he chooses to come home then I'm sure he will do everything he can to play for WC.

If he chooses to come home then I'm sure he will do everything he can to play for WC.

You know this how? Are you a family member or close friend? Are you Cripps hinself or live inside his head? If you are none of these then you know * all about what he will do.

Of course it's WC v Freo. That's the debate that follows the Vic v WA debate. If he chooses to come home then I'm sure he will do everything he can to play for WC.
He isn't a free agent so has little say in where he goes once the home v Melbourne decision is made. We'll match the offer and force him back to Melbourne for another 2 years which he wouldn't want. So he'll just make the decision of which club based on whichever one can get him home in 2022 and not 2024.

Said that about Kelly too. Still made that happen.
Different for two reasons.

1. you actually could get the deal done. He a) was on rookie wages so a steady increase was still cheap for a player of his calibre and b) you had trade capital. Now you have less of both to offer.

2. Kelly didn’t have the option to stay. A partner desperate to be closer to her family with two autistic sons.

Collingwood have a history of success more than you. You think a star free agent with 5-6 years left will pick the pies??? They won’t care for their history and they won’t care for yours either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Eagles cannot afford him (their cap space is close to the brim I am reliably informed)

If Cripps goes home, it will be to Freo, you can count on it.

Collingwood have a history of success more than you. You think a star free agent with 5-6 years left will pick the pies??? They won’t care for their history and they won’t care for yours either.
No they dont.

Collingwood have 2 flags compared to our 4.

Of course players care about history or a teams culture etc. The Eagles generally are quite successful, Fremantle are not. Kelly had no interest in playing for Freo when he decided to come home.

But again for everybody who doesnt seem to be listening to me at all.

I DONT KNOW IF CRIPPS WANTS TO RETURN HOME.

I KNOW GETTING A DEAL DONE FOR CRIPPS WOULD BE VERY VERY DIFFICULT GIVEN OUR CURRENT SITUATION.

THE ONLY THING I AM SAYING IS THAT CRIPPS IF HE WERE TO COME HOME WOULD MUCH PREFER A MOVE TO WC THAN FREO BECAUSE OF A GREATER CHANCE OF SUCCESS.

Read people, read!

No they dont.

Of course players care about history or a teams culture etc. The Eagles generally are quite successful, Fremantle are not. Kelly had no interest in playing for Freo when he decided to come home.

I KNOW GETTING A DEAL DONE FOR CRIPPS WOULD BE VERY VERY DIFFICULT GIVEN OUR CURRENT SITUATION.

THE ONLY THING I AM SAYING IS THAT CRIPPS IF HE WERE TO COME HOME WOULD MUCH PREFER A MOVE TO WC THAN FREO BECAUSE OF A GREATER CHANCE OF SUCCESS.

Read people, read!
Now you are just trolling.

let’s make this clear WA flog. VFL flags count. WAFL and other backwater state leagues don’t. You joined us, ours matter. Yours don’t.

The pies are a long way north of 4 flags, as are we...

My claim had nothing to with how it gets done as I'm aware in our situation it would be quite difficult to get it done given our tight cap and the previous deal with Kelly that has hamstrung us a little.

My claim was just that Cripps wouldnt want to come home to play with Freo, he would want to come home and play for WCE.

The reasons for that is that he has wasted the first half of his career in a losing situation so would not want to make a big move just to go to another perennial loser. If he comes home he would want to play for WC. That's all I'm saying.

So it was basically exactly what we all thought and you're being an idiot. Well done Jod. Never fail to meet those low expectations for the standard of your thought process.

Now you are just trolling.

let’s make this clear WA flog. VFL flags count. WAFL and other backwater state leagues don’t. You joined us, ours matter. Yours don’t.

The pies are a long way north of 4 flags, as are we...
******* lol. Your VFL flags mean dick all mate.

It's called the AFL mate, not the VFL.

No they dont.

Read people, read!

Patrick Cripps doesn’t do drugs.

******* lol. Your VFL flags mean dick all mate.

It's called the AFL mate, not the VFL.
You even know about the comp you are in?

AFL = Re-branding of VFL. Same comp different logo.
EPL = Breakaway from the Football League.

So under your logic you have 1 title and United are 13 times more successful than you.

After all 13>1

You even know about the comp you are in?

AFL = Re-branding of VFL. Same comp different logo.
EPL = Breakaway from the Football League.

So under your logic you have 1 title and United are 13 times more successful than you.

After all 13>1
You can cling on to your old VFL stuff if you want to mate, I've no issue with you doing that. When it became a national competition, it became something else.

Your old flags dont count. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back