The Association Football AFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to Weitering but no way Cripps. Walsh I'd be all over a 7 year deal to take him through to 27. But Cripps through to 33 no chance!
Big bodied mids who don’t rely on pace tend to last a little longer. Kennedy, Mundy etc.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
My God the pot is black. The arrogance and one eyed views that come from your keyboard are atrocious. Just wake up and look at the responses in this thread to you saying cripps would clearly want to join the eagles "Cos like, Freo are sh*t haha lol".
Don't complain mate over here we have to live with these people!

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
If I were recruiting manager of my club I’d offer 7 years to;

Adelaide: Doedee
Brisbane: Andrews, McCluggage
Carlton: Cripps, Weitering
Collingwood: N/A
Essendon: Ridley, Merrett
Fremantle: Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw
GCS: Rowell, King,
Hawthorn: N/A
Melbourne: Petracca, Oliver, Jackson, Lever
North: N/A
Port: Butters, Duursma
Richmond: Balta
St.Kilda: King, Marshall.
Sydney: N/A
West Coast: N/A
Bulldogs: Smith, Naughton, Dunkley, Bont.

Was by Tom Browne then followed up by Morris...

Journos right...

You wouldnt give Oscan Allen that deal?!

Don't complain mate over here we have to live with these people!
Got it easy. Not surrounded by Hawfs.
You wouldnt give Oscan Allen that deal?!
Not offering 7 years to a 3rd forward who has never been the main man, no indication he can handle the best defender.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
i really like doedee as a player and future captain but with his injury record and inability to play as a key defender, no thanks. i think these long term deals are crazy anyways. you have no idea who else might come along, the financial circumstances of the league, a global pandemic. would collingwood offer grundy 7 years again knowing what would happen?

i really like doedee as a player and future captain but with his injury record and inability to play as a key defender, no thanks. i think these long term deals are crazy anyways. you have no idea who else might come along, the financial circumstances of the league, a global pandemic. would collingwood offer grundy 7 years again knowing what would happen?
I was doing it from our pov to be fair. Key backs, forwards and rucks clearly areas of need. So yeah I’d happily have Doedee for 7 years.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
I was doing it from our pov to be fair. Key backs, forwards and rucks clearly areas of need. So yeah I’d happily have Doedee for 7 years.
well if it's from geelongs pov how could you ignore the reliability, consistency and pace off half back of david mackay?

well if it's from geelongs pov how could you ignore the reliability, consistency and pace off half back of david mackay?
Too young for us. Get him to 300 games then call us.

I'd offer him a huge deal. Absolute A-grader with an undefinable ceiling. Top 3 in a retrospective 2016 draft.
Top 2 for me and I would be tempted to take him pick 1.
The only player from that draft I'd pick before him right now is McLuggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back