Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
UnitedWarrior93 DBAH0
Someone fill me in, I am missing a big selection meltdown I feel.

If you’re referring to Narkle being dropped, yes a meltdown indeed. Harsh for Narkle, his last 2 games have been fantastic, would be a big blow to our future if Narkle & Clark leave this year, guess that’s the potential risk when you bring in Smith & Higgins for success now.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
If you’re referring to Narkle being dropped, yes a meltdown indeed. Harsh for Narkle, his last 2 games have been fantastic, would be a big blow to our future if Narkle & Clark leave this year, guess that’s the potential risk when you bring in Smith & Higgins for success now.
Was thinking that if he leaves in the off-season you can directly tie it back to this unfortunately. We also have Guthrie to come back in also, so my question would be how he gets back in the 22 unless there's injuries.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I don't entirely disagree, although I don't really know what the gameplan is, but it's the basic skills letting you down from what I saw.
Thats the thing. There doesn't appear to be any sort of plan.

Very 1990s local football play on your man and beat your man and we win. And stick with that even when they get a run on.

Clark doesn’t bother me, vastly overrated.

This was always going to happen. Next Friday injuries permitting we may see us as close to full strength as possible. Just Miers out.

Narkle stiff but someone had to come out.

This was always going to happen. Next Friday injuries permitting we may see us as close to full strength as possible. Just Miers out.

Where the * is Cam Guthrie??

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs

I think there’s a player there in Clark, his 2019 season was very promising for a youngster.

Really want to keep Narkle.

I think there’s a player there in Clark, his 2019 season was very promising for a youngster.

Promise is the word. Has promise but fellas melt every time he’s left out. Same as Constable and Kreuger. 30 guys don’t fit in 22 spots.

Up to Narkle. If he wants the easy way out best of luck to him. Personally think he will stay and work hard to get a spot.
So back next week?
Think so.
Dogs (hopefully) at home. All cylinders engaged. Mouth watering clash.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Promise is the word. Has promise but fellas melt every time he’s left out. Same as Constable and Kreuger. 30 guys don’t fit in 22 spots.

Up to Narkle. If he wants the easy way out best of luck to him. Personally think he will stay and work hard to get a spot.

Think so.
Dogs (hopefully) at home. All cylinders engaged. Mouth watering clash.

If the game is at Kardinia Park, will crowds be allowed ? I hope so.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

If you can get an early 2nd round or even late 1st round pick for Narkle, I think Geelong should trade.

Just does not get enough of the ball, and imo too inconsistent, plus I think Geelong would want to trade their way back into this year's midfield stacked drafted, after giving up their 1Rnd picks to GWS and Richmond last year.

Also what is happening with Stephen Wells ?

I know he has taken time off to consider his future, you already lost one member of your recruiting staff (Troy Selwood) to Collingwood.

Looks like there could be a big shake up in that dept at Geelong, which is not neccesarily a bad thing imo

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
According to Chicken (Ricky Nixon), John Longmire is a dark horse to take over the Collingwood job.

Probably a good thing for Swans, I think he should have won at least 1 if not 2 more flags as coach in Sydney, although granted they got screwed with bad luck in the 2016 Grand Final (injuries not umpiring)

Can see Cuddly Ken (Hinkley) losing his job too if Port bomb out in the finals again.

And Christ knows what is the status of Teague (although my preferred option is to keep him for at least one more year)

Going to be some interesting Musical Chairs with Senior Coaching Positions come season's end (nor sure if Ratts is safe at St Kilda either)

According to Chicken (Ricky Nixon), John Longmire is a dark horse to take over the Collingwood job.

Probably a good thing for Swans, I think he should have won at least 1 if not 2 more flags as coach in Sydney, although granted they got screwed with bad luck in the 2016 Grand Final (injuries not umpiring)

Can see Cuddly Ken (Hinkley) losing his job too if Port bomb out in the finals again.

And Christ knows what is the status of Teague (although my preferred option is to keep him for at least one more year)

Going to be some interesting Musical Chairs with Senior Coaching Positions come season's end (nor sure if Ratts is safe at St Kilda either)

Was this a competition with yourself on how many utterly wrong takes you could make in one post?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have already bet my life savings on Port to win the flag.

Port will not make the Grand Final again. And its not so much to do with Ken, but Boak, Butters and Gray aside, I think they are a team of peahearts.

I have no faith in them doing anything meaningful in the finals

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Port will not make the Grand Final again. And its not so much to do with Ken, but Boak, Butters and Gray aside, I think they are a team of peahearts.

I have no faith in them doing anything meaningful in the finals

I have faith in them doing everything meaningful now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back