(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doctor Gero

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
They must have selected 11 rusted on Englishmen hence the total.

Lord's is the place to make history. Twice in a fortnight they've done it too.
First full test nation to be routed under 100 by Ireland you'd presume, and the first nation to win a trophy and not win the game... Twice.

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its not a full side but it’s fu**ung embarrassing all the same.

Seen this before. England come off a massive high and go to s**t. 2005 ashes being the best example. Just don’t have the right mentality to ride a wave

Van_Dyke

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, Glory, Warriors, NOLA,
whichever country has the least s**t batting wins this ashes probably
Its not a full side but it’s fu**ung embarrassing all the same.

Seen this before. England come off a massive high and go to s**t. 2005 ashes being the best example. Just don’t have the right mentality to ride a wave
please stay like this for the ashes thanks

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
whichever country has the least s**t batting wins this ashes probably

please stay like this for the ashes thanks
I think we should just scrap playing at ******* Lords. Always gives the opponents a free test.

After this shambles I really don’t know how the ashes will pan out. We have been good at home, but we’ve got no openers and that puts massive pressure on 3,4 and 5. Aussies having Smith and Warner back is huge

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Thanks, will have to check the highlights. Saw a few debutants for England in their line up. And off the back of the World Cup win, this is a hell of a hangover.

On the other side of the coin, good selection problems to have with some pace bowling options. Siddle, Pattinson putting up strong cases to be included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I actually thought that was legit for a sec, like when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 and highlight videos popped up on there with titles like "Brazilians tag teamed by Germany soccer players"

Doctor Gero

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Reports indicating that Harris will make way for Bancroft (meh) and that Siddle and Pattinson will play the first test. That means given you'd assume Cummins is a lock that Starc and Hazlewood are both out.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Interesting approach - something to do with prolonging their careers? Starc hasn’t looked right to be fair and perhaps shouldn’t have played this one anyway.

Cummins, Pattinson and Siddle a very good combination I feel. Siddle in particular has a lot of experience in England and is very dangerous in those conditions as he’s shown before.

Doctor Gero

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Nah it actually looks like using the duke in the Shield is teaching them what's required in England. Siddle is the perfect horses for courses selection and Pattinson is in ripping form.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Have to play guys who are in form, bold selection moves but I like it. Pattinson looks the goods so far and Siddle came in too late it the last series, hope he gets the chance first up this time.

Top Bottom