The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No that’s not quite right either. This is actually somewhat common practice.

Captains in the shield often make sporting declarations to help get results because the points system favours wins.

if there’s any truth to what that guy above claims then of course PH is going to be frustrated. Trying to get a result on a dud pitch but an opposing captain not interested. Neither captain is in the wrong

All of that is fair enough. My point though is that just because Handscombe thinks it’s the “right” thing to do, doesn’t mean that everyone should automatically abide by his wishes.

Last edited:
All of that is fair enough. My point though is that just because Handscombe thinks it’s the “right” thing to do, doesn’t mean that everyone automatically abide by his wishes.
and they didn’t.

Just sounds frustrated to me.
Yesterday not being a good reflection should be a shot across the bow for the curator. Day 4 and still in the first innings.

Am not a huge fan of Stokes, but I applaud his honesty here. Warner could barely get to double figures this series, dropped Stoke in this very innings, and then continually sledged him and spurred him on to his match winning innings.

Classic stuff. Such a tool Warner is.

Cricket Victoria really need to be looking at their player support programs. 3 players needing time away from the game for mental health breaks in the space of a few weeks surely means they aren't giving enough support to their contracted players

Cricket Victoria really need to be looking at their player support programs. 3 players needing time away from the game for mental health breaks in the space of a few weeks surely means they aren't giving enough support to their contracted players

Sure they probably need to look into it but I don’t think it’s as simple as that. Maddinson has had issues in the past, puckovski is a kid which has had concussion issues. Then there is maxwell who cops a lot of vitriol.

Is it just me or is Pucovski needing these breaks whenever he is in the talk for national selection? If that's the case he may just not be ready for an international gig and just needs a few more years of maturing

Sure they probably need to look into it but I don’t think it’s as simple as that. Maddinson has had issues in the past, puckovski is a kid which has had concussion issues. Then there is maxwell who cops a lot of vitriol.
Not saying they are the cause for them but they obviously aren't looking after their groups needs well enough

Not saying they are the cause for them but they obviously aren't looking after their groups needs well enough
It's not that simple. You can have all the things in place but if they need a break they need a break

Or you can not have all the things in place and half your batting lineup is struggling
I know for a fact that isn't the case.

You know for a fact Cricket Victoria is happy with how their player management is going with 3 blokes needing a mental health break going into a season?
I know for a fact that they have all the known procedures in place. Someone very high up in CV used to play at our club and his son still does. You really think that a professional sporting environment as successful as Victoria wouldn't have the proper procedures in place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know for a fact that they have all the known procedures in place. Someone very high up in CV used to play at our club and his son still does. You really think that a professional sporting environment as successful as Victoria wouldn't have the proper procedures in place?
I think the results speak for themselves that they don't. Whilst these guys are contracted to CV they spend so long abroad that there's bound to be gaps in the support their providing which will improve over time

I think the results speak for themselves that they don't. Whilst these guys are contracted to CV they spend so long abroad that there's bound to be gaps in the support their providing which will improve over time
I think you know * all and are making spurious claims without understanding what you're talking about.

Everytime Pucovski seems to fail in a few innings he takes a mental health break. Now whether the mental health break was needed before the failures, who knows. It's a strange one. This is happening multiple times then maybe cricket isn't for him and he should do something that won't break him.

I'd be very surprised/disappointed if there isn't improvements made in light of these 3 incidents
And I'm saying that you don't actually understand what these organisations do. You think that them spending time abroad means anything? CV keep in contact throughout, they also convey messages to any team they play for whilst abroad, and strategies that help.

And I'm saying that you don't actually understand what these organisations do. You think that them spending time abroad means anything? CV keep in contact throughout, they also convey messages to any team they play for whilst abroad, and strategies that help.
I know exactly what support is provided in a number of other major sports for mental health awareness/help. Now sure other teams sports probably don't have the heightened individual nature that cricket does, but no organisation should be happy enough with their programs if 3 key members needed to step away from the game in the space of a month.

I always do a double take when they call it the Domain test series. That stadium has getting torn to shreds right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back