The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Only just tuned in - eventful first session. Geez England would be disappointed to have 8 wickets shot out this morning, after working their way back into the game yesterday. Was hoping they could somehow conjure a lead of 160-170 to at least see a decent 4th innings chase.

Sounds like -5 Test Championship points and 100% match fee fine for England for slow over-rates.
They all walk off the field and the match ref goes yeah lads you know you’ve just been butt ****ed for 4 days, we ain’t paying you for it either 😂

Most runs for England in Test cricket in 2021:

Root: 1,544 @ 64.33
Burns: 492 @ 28.94
Pope: 359 @ 23.93
Sibley: 356 @ 19.77
Lawrence: 354 @ 27.23
Bairstow: 351 @ 25.07
Buttler: 319 @ 29.00
Stokes: 222 @ 22.20
Malan: 194 @ 38.80
Hameed: 192 @ 27.42
Crawley: 156 @ 11.14

Most runs for England in Test cricket in 2021:

Root: 1,544 @ 64.33
Burns: 492 @ 28.94
Pope: 359 @ 23.93
Sibley: 356 @ 19.77
Lawrence: 354 @ 27.23
Bairstow: 351 @ 25.07
Buttler: 319 @ 29.00
Stokes: 222 @ 22.20
Malan: 194 @ 38.80
Hameed: 192 @ 27.42
Crawley: 156 @ 11.14
If it wasn't for Root they'd be rooted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope they do play, as much as I think the series will still end up 4-0 or 5-0 to Australia, am still hoping for a more even contest. They’re two pretty handy ins. Approx 1200 Test wickets between them.

Hazlewood is a huge out. Still can’t imagine the English batsmen will get much sleep the night before with the prospect of facing Cummins under lights on a deck doing a bit.

Steve Smith is captain. Aussie cricket has no shame it seems. I guess they painted themselves into a corner and had no other option.

Sucks for Cummins.
My stance on this is he has been punished and done his time for what happened in SA and really is the natural and probably logical vice captain to Cummins. Sucks Cummins will miss but I am fine with Smith being skipper.

My stance on this is he has been punished and done his time for what happened in SA and really is the natural and probably logical vice captain to Cummins. Sucks Cummins will miss but I am fine with Smith being skipper.
Fair enough mate. I dont have a problem with him playing, but he should have never been allowed to go into a leadership position again imo. Apparently that's the case with Warner.

Fair enough mate. I dont have a problem with him playing, but he should have never been allowed to go into a leadership position again imo. Apparently that's the case with Warner.
Warner actively participated in the cheating. It just happened under Smith’s watch.

Warner actively participated in the cheating. It just happened under Smith’s watch.
Smith was captain and knew about the 'plan' at the time. He could have showed real leadership and nipped it in the bud. But as he said he didn't want to know about it.

Smith was captain and knew about the 'plan' at the time. He could have showed real leadership and nipped it in the bud. But as he said he didn't want to know about it.

Cant believe this post was even needed to begin with. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back