The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith was captain and knew about the 'plan' at the time. He could have showed real leadership and nipped it in the bud. But as he said he didn't want to know about it.
Did his time.
The problem is we were caught, every nation does these things.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Smith was captain and knew about the 'plan' at the time. He could have showed real leadership and nipped it in the bud. But as he said he didn't want to know about it.

Yes that’s the key differentiator for me. He knew. And then didn’t want to know. His inaction enabled it. Very poor leadership and it seems a regression that he’s now captain yet again (in part due to the current circumstances).

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Cummins, who was eating out on Wednesday night, isolated as soon as he was made aware he was a close contact of the person who tested positive and has since had a PCR test, which was negative.

Fast bowler Mitchell Starc and off-spinner Nathan Lyon were eating at the same restaurant as Cummins but were at a separate table outdoors.

South Australia Health has deemed them casual contacts so they are free to play.

What a ******* shambles this is.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Cummins, who was eating out on Wednesday night, isolated as soon as he was made aware he was a close contact of the person who tested positive and has since had a PCR test, which was negative.

Fast bowler Mitchell Starc and off-spinner Nathan Lyon were eating at the same restaurant as Cummins but were at a separate table outdoors.

South Australia Health has deemed them casual contacts so they are free to play.

What a ******* shambles this is.
Get used to this sort of shambles throughout sport in 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The only reason I would consider going to the boxing day test is if i could sit near the Barmy Army, they make our travelling sports fans (bar the Socceroos diehards who are legends) look like complete flogs in comparison, christ knows how many times The Fanatics have embarrassed us over the years.

I am betting some Erin Riley type is going to make a complaint about their behaviour in the Sydney or Melbourne tests, mark my words

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The only reason I would consider going to the boxing day test is if i could sit near the Barmy Army, they make our travelling sports fans (bar the Socceroos diehards who are legends) look like complete flogs in comparison, christ knows how many times The Fanatics have embarrassed us over the years.

I am betting some Erin Riley type is going to make a complaint about their behaviour in the Sydney or Melbourne tests, mark my words
Not an MCC member?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nah. Never been born into a silver spoon family. Wouldn't want to join those snobs at any rate. Would rather join the Freemasons (and that's saying something)
You don't need to be born into a silver spoon family. They even let Collingwood supporters in.

goneski. Is Puc back from concussion?
Playing a district game Jan 8 I read somewhere. Time to open Usman or we have a crack with Street (or similar).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back