Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Get ****ed.
WTF George Bailey.
Spin bowling allrounder... Might as well bowl Head as he's just as effective with the ball and infinitely better with the bat. We're like Bangladesh here picking a guy with FC bowling average of 41 and a FC batting average of 28. Usually meant to be the other way around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
God forbid ca blood anyone new and different and just go back to the old contacts list

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
God this summer of cricket has been s**t. I understand they need to cycle through the nations but the level of cricket played by the WI and SA hasn’t been anywhere close down here.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
God this summer of cricket has been s**t. I understand they need to cycle through the nations but the level of cricket played by the WI and SA hasn’t been anywhere close down here.

I’ve lost interest in cricket.

Bradesmaen

TheBrownDog
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
RSA have the 4th worst average per wicket in a calendar year ever. Only 2nd worst this year though.

TubbsFarquhar

TheBrownDog
Jan 18, 2009
Land of Discontent
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
India are the only side who are competitive here. Unless we play them every summer, we'll just continue to have one-sided contests. Even NZ in 2019 were non-competitive despite the talent they had at their disposal.

At least the India tour and the Ashes should be great contests, our overseas tours generally are.

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
India are the only side who are competitive here. Unless we play them every summer, we'll just continue to have one-sided contests. Even NZ in 2019 were non-competitive despite the talent they had at their disposal.

At least the India tour and the Ashes should be great contests, our overseas tours generally are.
I mean, this is the first time since 05/06 that Australia has beaten SA in Australia

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers - Tottenham
I hear you. Unless we’re playing England or (to a lesser extent) India, it’s just a terrible contest.

Don’t get me started on the Big bash.

I think people are forgetting what the last 30 years has been like. The Border, Waugh, Ponting and Clarke era's routinely crushed teams that toured here.

90/91 to now

Series: Australia - 40 wins - 4 drawn - 6 defeats
Matches: Australia - 119 wins - 21 drawn - 22 defeats

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers - Tottenham
Yes I’m struggling with the non competitive nature of the summer here so far. Have hardly watched compared to when India have been here in recent years. Last summer was also a bit of a fizzer with England here.
I really don't think Aus cricket fans really do want this.

When SA won a series here we axed half the team, then England won 1 single series here (later admitted by Panesar to have ball tampering) and we got the Argus report. The public and media blowback when we lose shows that really what we all want is Australia curb stomping touring parties.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I really don't think Aus cricket fans really do want this.

When SA won a series here we axed half the team, then England won 1 single series here (later admitted by Panesar to have ball tampering) and we got the Argus report. The public and media blowback when we lose shows that really what we all want is Australia curb stomping touring parties.

Nah I’m not suggesting that either - for me for me a competitive contest is more enjoyable to watch than the regular pummelling touring countries receive here over the years.

Test cricket needs that, the series in India should be a much better contest. Speaking of which, that image of Rishabh Pant’s car after his accident was frightening stuff. I’m guessing he misses the series however that’s kinda irrelevant, glad he’s okay.

Remove this Banner Ad