The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

haddin massaging warner's balls during the break was pathetic viewing.

he's a fighter, a warrior, deserves to go out on his terms, no one better with their back against the wall blah blah blah
Was terrible.
Not really technically, he'd have lived most of his life in NSW.
Echuca boy I believe

Batted into submission by India. It’s been a masterclass in patience by King Kohli. 75 international centuries,l for him now, ridiculously good. Every partnership has been at least 50 so far, I can’t recall when that last happened.

174 overs in the field in this heat, damn. Can see the tiredness now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This series has been underwhelming thanks to how the BCCI has decided to set up its pitches. 3 unplayable raging turners that saw test matches ending before the halfway point... And 1 absolute road that's unbelievably boring to watch.

Not impressed with Kohli getting a ton here. Murphy scored 40 on this pitch FFS.

Batted into submission by India. It’s been a masterclass in patience by King Kohli. 75 international centuries,l for him now, ridiculously good. Every partnership has been at least 50 so far, I can’t recall when that last happened.

174 overs in the field in this heat, damn. Can see the tiredness now.
Gill's innings was better imo. He set the innings up for India.

India deserve there win but there hasn't been one pitch that's where it really should've been.

There’s questionable pitches. And then questionable batting. That first match Australia bat first and get rolled for 177. India score 400 on the very same deck. And in the second innings, Australia crumble in 31 odd overs. All the focus on the madness of the sweep shot and pitches etc has somewhat taken the focus away from inept batting.

There’s questionable pitches. And then questionable batting. That first match Australia bat first and get rolled for 177. India score 400 on the very same deck. And in the second innings, Australia crumble in 31 odd overs. All the focus on the madness of the sweep shot and pitches etc has somewhat taken the focus away from inept batting.
I don't disagree, as I said I think the Indians have absolutely deserved their series win.

I actually thought we played better in parts than I was expecting.

But our capitulations are what killed us in this series.

Nothing wrong with the first two pitches. Sure they were turners but India managed to score runs, we just weren’t good enough. The third was a shocker but played into our hands as it made the outcome more random.

Nothing wrong with the first two pitches. Sure they were turners but India managed to score runs, we just weren’t good enough. The third was a shocker but played into our hands as it made the outcome more random.

Yes agreed. Nothing wrong with the the first two Tests, it’s easier to point fingers at pitches rather to mask over failings. It’s very predictable too, happens almost every subcontinent tour for as long as I can recall.

Back to this match for a moment, bizarre to not review that decision. Watching it live I thought it was sliding down leg and at worst would be umpires call. Some poor usage of DRS this series as well to add to the list.

The Delhi pitch was a shocker and lucky not to be rated poor. Balls were nearly rolling along the ground on the first morning.

Nagpur was doctored.
Both were rated average by the ICC match referee. So after 3 tests you have two average ratings and a poor rating at Indore.

Very underwhelming for what was meant to be an epic series between two test heavyweights.

The “doctored” pitches stuff always makes me chuckle. I find that stuff to be very soft. No doubt that victim mentality played into the players heads before a ball was even bowled in that first Test. Just excuses really.

Frankly put, that’s just not the case Glen.

They didn’t water or roll the pitch outside a left handers good length.

You’ll be hard pressed to find a professional groundsman in a major test nation (outside India) who would consider that to be standard practice or nothing to see here.

This isn’t a case of one excluding the other here either. The pitch can be poor and Australia’s batting and application also simultaneously be poor.

The Delhi pitch was rubbish. Our plan to sweep was just as bad.

Yes absolutely, two things can be true at once. It’s not one or the other. Over time however the discourse I’ve found has more focused on the pitches rather than the runs Australia lacked.

For all of what happened with the pitch preparation in the lead up to the first Test, one team scored 177. The other 400. I don’t think it was as bad as it was made out to be. The batsmen have left a number of runs out there. And certainly the awful situation with Cummins’ family has had an impact too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back