The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

209551.3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCG is unavailable again. Shield Final starts on the 26th of March, 24th of March (Easter Thursday) Richmond and Carlton play on the G. Easter Saturday (same day that the final starts) Melbourne play at the G. Don't have a clue why the MCC have allowed the AFL on the MCG earlier than usual. It should be available like it is every other year.

Alas similar to last season where the World Cup requisitioned the MCG, Victoria will have to play it out of Victoria as there at present isn't a 2nd First Class standard venue in the state and the proposed stadium of the Junction Oval is tied up in political games. Can't seem to get it redeveloped to bring it up to FC standard.

Woohoo. Bushies win again. Over 14 points clear on top with 3 games to play. Looking solid for the home final..... In Alice Springs.
Isn't it a road in Alice? If so, nothing to worry about.

FWIW, I'd have it at the WACA if WA don't make it.

MCG is unavailable again. Shield Final starts on the 26th of March, 24th of March (Easter Thursday) Richmond and Carlton play on the G. Easter Saturday (same day that the final starts) Melbourne play at the G. Don't have a clue why the MCC have allowed the AFL on the MCG earlier than usual. It should be available like it is every other year.

Alas similar to last season where the World Cup requisitioned the MCG, Victoria will have to play it out of Victoria as there at present isn't a 2nd First Class standard venue in the state and the proposed stadium of the Junction Oval is tied up in political games. Can't seem to get it redeveloped to bring it up to FC standard.
Was Easter bought forward last year? The AFL always open Easter don't they?

Also, I wonder if it was a gesture of goodwill for the World Cup causing the AFL to start late last season?

Isn't it a road in Alice? If so, nothing to worry about.

FWIW, I'd have it at the WACA if WA don't make it.
As would I, it'd rile them up no end after last season and is batsmen friendly :)

.... But would run the risk of the WACA curator preparing a minefield as payback ;)

Was Easter bought forward last year? The AFL always open Easter don't they?

Also, I wonder if it was a gesture of goodwill for the World Cup causing the AFL to start late last season?
Easter is always based around when the March Equinox is and around the time of the full moon, hence why the Bells Beach pro is always on Easter.

Last edited:
The AFL regularly start around Easter though. Must be earlier than normal I guess.
I think it's probably a coincidence based around a preferred date of starting the season.

Like it won't be next year given Easter is in Mid April.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back