The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really need Paine to stand up here. If we can get another 130-150 on the board we could steal this. Looking like being the great series we hoped it would be

Rabada on fire, and keeping the match referee busy too. Read he has also been charged for the Warner send off (which is in addition to the Smith incident). Looks like he's facing a suspension. A cracking series this is, for the sake of the contest I hope he somehow survives.

Rabada on fire, and keeping the match referee busy too. Read he has also been charged for the Warner send off (which is in addition to the Smith incident). Looks like he's facing a suspension. A cracking series this is, for the sake of the contest I hope he somehow survives.
personally i dont have a problem with what rabada was doing, but rules are rules. the bump was a bit ugly though, but sometimes you need to give as good as you (and your teammates) get.

personally i dont have a problem with what rabada was doing, but rules are rules. the bump was a bit ugly though, but sometimes you need to give as good as you (and your teammates) get.

Same. I like his aggression, but have never been a huge fan of send offs. The bump on Smith was poor too. I sometimes wonder how close we are to actually having a physical confrontation on the field. Every time someone from any side says “we don’t overstep the line”, the “line” itself seems to move accordingly. Who knows where it is anymore.

But it’s a cracking series, genuine feeling out there. The contest itself will suffer without Rabada, I prefer seeing the best go at it from both sides.

Same. I like his aggression, but have never been a huge fan of send offs. The bump on Smith was poor too. I sometimes wonder how close we are to actually having a physical confrontation on the field. Every time someone from any side says “we don’t overstep the line”, the “line” itself seems to move accordingly. Who knows where it is anymore.

But it’s a cracking series, genuine feeling out there. The contest itself will suffer without Rabada, I prefer seeing the best go at it from both sides.
He's not out just because of this test btw. Accumulation of demerits in a short space of time.
Warner likely to face same outcome if he does something stupid (when) soon.

He's not out just because of this test btw. Accumulation of demerits in a short space of time.
Warner likely to face same outcome if he does something stupid (when) soon.

Yes I know, he has a recent history of this stuff. Not a great track record he has.

Agree, it’s a matter of time for Warner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poms doing well across the ditch. 5/18 first test
Thoughts WealstoneRaider

tenor.gif

"I had discussions with the match officials, I've been charged with attempting to change the condition of the ball," Bancroft said after play in Cape Town. "We had a discussion during the break and I saw an opportunity to use some tape, get some granules from the rough patches on the wickets and change the condition, it didn't work, the umpires didn't change the ball. I was cited on the screen and that resulted in me shoving it down my trousers."

A contrite Steven Smith admitted to Australia's leadership group knowing about it. "The leadership group knew about it. We spoke about it at lunch," he said. "I am not proud of what's happened. It's not within the spirit of the game. My integrity, the team's integrity and the leadership group's integrity has come into question. It wont happen again.

"It was the leadership group's idea. Poor choice and we deeply regret our actions. The coaches weren't involved. It was purely the leadership group who came up with this. This is the first time it has happened under my leadership. We saw this game as such as an important game. We've seen the ball reversing through this series and this ball didn't seem like it was going to go. It's such poor actions. Deeply regrettable and wont happen again. I can promise you. I can promise you this is the first time it has happened.

"I am embarrassed. I know the boys in the shed are embarrassed as well. Being the leader I am incredibly sorry. If we weren't caught, I would still regret it.

"I wont consider stepping down [from captaincy]. I still think I am the right person for the job. Today was a big mistake on my part and on the leadership group as well. I have to take control of the ship. This is something I am not proud of. It's something I hope I can learn from and come back from. I am embarrassed. It is a big error in judgement."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back