The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually have more confidence in the lower order than the top.

With a game as finely poised as this, a few 30-40 run partnerships (which they’re very much good for) could take the target beyond India.

I agree. This pitch is doing something different every ball almost. Lyon should make it sing on this deck.

250 is plenty. How often does 250 get chased in the 4th innings of a test match? Can’t see India getting these runs, would take a monumental Kohli masterclass to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Aussies weren’t going to over do the sledging from now? Lying campaigners

I think the team is still trying to figure what’s acceptable and what isn’t.

I thought yesterday was fantastic, there wasn’t really anything sinister in the stuff between Paine and Kohli. Mostly banter and there wasn’t that aggressive/bullying edge that reared it’s head all too often.

I do think though Paine should have left it out there in the first test, had a bit of a whinge about Pant to the media afterwards and is now in the thick of it himself.

As I said, kind of new territory for them all and they’re figuring things out as they go along.

India are 6 out all out any target over 200 is too much for them. They should consider sending out those bunnies at the top of the order to nick a few off the new ball and maybe be 3/20 and then give the proper batsmen a chance from there. The way it is once they get 6 down 1 batsmen is chasing down 70+ runs knowing he has to do it all

No. We’re not abusing people anymore apparently.

That was cheeky
Well it made headlines over here. It does always seem to be Aussies involved in these incidents. They’re good enough to win without resorting to sledging imo

Our sledging in the field has seemed to be what they've stopped. Chirping back at the Indians who are instigating it is what is happening here and it is working perfectly

Well it made headlines over here. It does always seem to be Aussies involved in these incidents. They’re good enough to win without resorting to sledging imo
That was harmless fun that really shouldn’t upset the cucumber sandwich crowd.

That was harmless fun that really shouldn’t upset the cucumber sandwich crowd.
It not just “the cucumber sandwich crowd” who have called you out on it, everyone has. I just found it odd that cricket Australia were talking about a whole change of culture and then you hear that the same old s**t is still happening. I accept that in England it’s still seen as a “Gentleman's game” while Aussies are a lot more boisterous with their cricket. But when every cricket playing nation says you act like campaigners maybe you should take that more on board

You do realise Kohli had been going at Paine the entire first test and the opening couple of days here?

If you can't see the difference between our past questionable bullying antics and standing up for yourself I suggest opening the other eye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back