The Association Football Cricket thread

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reckon he’s actually downplaying his role with that statement. Classic psychology of a cheat, admit your failings and garner sympathy whilst covering your tracks at the same time

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Some big changes for India. 3 players in, overhaul of their openers. Ashwin still out but Jadeja is quality.

Mitch Marsh in for Handscomb. Not sure how to feel about that.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yes very bizarre considering those figures. I’ve read that the overs he can bowl are a factor, however is this really needed?

Both bowling units have been fine so far, taking 20 wickets each. Lyon the standout obviously. Not sure his overs are really that critical aside from someone just rolling the arm over to give a couple of overs relief.

Ball already keeping low 30 minutes into the first morning?
This pitch is not looking good already. Balls not making it to the keeper 30 minutes into a test...

I’m hoping it doesn’t descend into a flat road. The first two tests were great to see a pitch doing plenty for the bowlers.
The FC matches have been good, have been cracking up on day 4. Everyone has seen "2 draws, same MCG Pitch" but it's crap, one was purely because of rain on the last day, the other was just poor bowling all round really.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Not quite sure these Bancroft and Smith interviews are being received as well as they were intended.

They don’t necessarily come out of them with their reputations looking better, if anything it generates more questions. I believe Warner has one upcoming too, that’ll be interesting to say the least.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A sacrifice seems to have been made to absolve the other two.

Quite a fascinating test match in play. Real old school stuff from the Indians with the run rate that you don’t see too much of these days. I just don’t think they have the firepower to go on and bowl the Aussies out cheaply to give them a chance of winning. Will go to the final test 1-1 probably

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
A sacrifice seems to have been made to absolve the other two.

Quite a fascinating test match in play. Real old school stuff from the Indians with the run rate that you don’t see too much of these days. I just don’t think they have the firepower to go on and bowl the Aussies out cheaply to give them a chance of winning. Will go to the final test 1-1 probably

I was there yesterday, huge grind in the heat. It looks academic in any case for the Indians with rain forecast on Saturday / Sunday.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bancroft and Smith threw Warner under the bus. Smith then hit reverse so he could throw Sutherland and Howard under it too, and shift some more blame.

It’s not a good thing when the “suits” get involved in that sort of stuff. No doubt the leadership of CA have also been culpable for the culture of the team in recent times.

Interesting how Warner continues to be isolated more and more. I usually can’t stand listening to the words that come out of his mouth, but this time I’m curious as what he eventually says.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Aussies making a right hash of this at the moment. That was a dumb shot by Harris if ever I saw one

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Tim Paine’s “sledging” is embarrassing. He thinks he’s funny. He’s not.

Tim Paine’s “sledging” is embarrassing. He thinks he’s funny. He’s not.
Really? I think it's great, very clever. The whole babysitter gag was fantastic. Far better than the "entertaining" trash we hear from Rishabh Pant.

Really? I think it's great, very clever. The whole babysitter gag was fantastic. Far better than the "entertaining" trash we hear from Rishabh Pant.
This. The exchange with Pant was grouse

In other news. * off Marsh.

This. The exchange with Pant was grouse

In other news. **** off Marsh.
I do sorta feel for Mitch though, his continued selection would be tough given he'd probably feel like he needs a season or 2 to just play consistently in the Shield.

Back