glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I have nothing but respect and awe for The King. His numbers are utterly insane.

24 of his 39 ODI tonnes have been chasing. Averages over 80 as captain. 10 centuries in his last 19 innings.

Career record of 10,300+ runs @ 60. For the first time in a long time, I’ve arguably seen a better batsman than Sachin.

Adding on to that his numbers in Test cricket, second only to Bradman in terms of number of innings needed to reach 25 Test centuries.

He is something else, already one of the all time greats and still only 30 years old.

Absolute pleasure to watch and great that we should have him here at least a couple of more times before his career finishes.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I have nothing but respect and awe for The King. His numbers are utterly insane.

24 of his 39 ODI tonnes have been chasing. Averages over 80 as captain. 10 centuries in his last 19 innings.

Career record of 10,300+ runs @ 60. For the first time in a long time, I’ve arguably seen a better batsman than Sachin.

Adding on to that his numbers in Test cricket, second only to Bradman in terms of number of innings needed to reach 25 Test centuries.

He is something else, already one of the all time greats and still only 30 years old.

Absolute pleasure to watch and great that we should have him here at least a couple of more times before his career finishes.
He's the best ever one day batsmen

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
He's the best ever one day batsmen

I wouldn’t have agreed with this a few months ago, I still have Viv and Sachin in the top tier.

But looking at Kohli closely over the summer, and going through his sheer amount of ridiculously good stats and records, I can’t deny that anymore.

To amass 10,300+ runs at 60, it’s mind boggling. His record isn’t boosted by not ours. He bats at 3.

Phenomenal batsman. And leader.

As an aside, not sure if anyone caught the game in New Zealand yesterday. It was the first time I’ve ever seen play stopped due to sunlight. The setting sun was right in the batsman’s eyes, they had to come off for about 30 minutes.

It’s counted as “bad light”. It apparently is common at that ground. It was too bright to play cricket, amazing.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I’d say that any country being shot out for less than 100 in their first innings of a test is unacceptable. Particularly against a mid tier team like the West Indies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Haven’t seen any of today’s play, will tune into the highlights tonight.

But just checking the score, I had to do a double take. 384? In only 87 overs, wow that’s some run rate.

Not sure if the pitch is a road, or poor bowling or great batting. Perhaps all of the above. But don’t often see a first day score like that.

But just checking the score, I had to do a double take. 384? In only 87 overs, wow that’s some run rate.

Not sure if the pitch is a road, or poor bowling or great batting. Perhaps all of the above. But don’t often see a first day score like that.
All of the above

After the first hour or so when the pitch flattened out and the ball stopped swinging, there was some very good batting and very poor bowling

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
WOW! I didn't expect that at all. What a ******* great test series win by the West Indies over England.

Well done to the West Indies and spare a thought for Alzarri Joseph who came out and took 2 wickets today despite losing his Mum before the day got underway. Difficult day of Cricket for him.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
England could only muster batting 103 overs for the entire game. Not sure what’s happening with them at the moment, but this series is turning into a debacle for them.

Well done to the Windies, always like seeing them do well.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Amazing result, when I tuned out last night they were 5 down for 90 odd. Thought it was a mere formality to get rolled for about 160.

Will have to find some decent footage of that last wicket partnership.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Handscombe and Maxwell did everything they could to not silence the doubters yesterday in the final. Two of the stupidest dismissals I've seen. And then to add more to it Maxwell seems to try and blame the openers who put on 90-odd and not focus on the 7/19 they lost!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back