The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Haha, fair enough. I thought at worst it was umpires call, and there was barely a conversation about it.

Meanwhile, all over the shop here. Interesting crowd send offs too.

Yep, 2/17 but Smith/Khawaja can get us out of this. The send offs were always going to happen, agree it’s been interesting.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Steve Smith, what can you say. Epic innings. Massive effort from Siddle too, last 2 wickets contributed 160+.

How things can change so quickly. 284 may not sound like a huge score, but with how the last session went and Anderson injured, could almost say it was Australia’s day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great recovery from Australia in all fairness. Anderson’s injury was a game-changer you feel.

Good to have a cricket thread without the Aussie sooking, although I did spot quite a bit of sooking from one or two of you guys over on the cricket thread. That’s ok, it’s good to release your inner-bogan every now and then

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My finger went up straight away, unbelievable to not review that. Again, hardly a discussion amongst them. Geez. Some poor non usage of DRS already this test.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Great recovery from Australia in all fairness. Anderson’s injury was a game-changer you feel.

Good to have a cricket thread without the Aussie sooking, although I did spot quite a bit of sooking from one or two of you guys over on the cricket thread. That’s ok, it’s good to release your inner-bogan every now and then

Can be a very toxic forum over there, I venture in and then sometimes wonder why did I bother. Very reactionary and yes lots of whinging at times.

Anderson potentially out for a few tests depending on the scans, and perhaps only bowling 4 overs this match is a huge blow to England. Archer you’d think will slot in however he’s a massive loss for the second innings.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
You can probably forgive the error where the noise was the ball clipping the stumps with the bail not coming off to Root. Dar is having a shocker with LBW decisions how many have been overturned or should have been?

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
hopefully the errors of this game can get rid of the ridiculous 'neutral' umpire rules. best umpires should umpire the biggest games. it's a huge discredit to the likes of kettleborough and others that he is incapable of being a professional.

hopefully the errors of this game can get rid of the ridiculous 'neutral' umpire rules. best umpires should umpire the biggest games. it's a huge discredit to the likes of kettleborough and others that he is incapable of being a professional.
Particularly seeing these days with the DRS, any mistakes that those umpires would make could be referred. It’s not as if it’ll be like playing in India/Pakistan in the 80s/90s where decisions like these could occur

England and Australia I have no doubt would happily have one from each country. Those rules came in to stop the corrupt Indian and Pakistan umpires.

They’ll remain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back