glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Yes neutral officiating is here to stay. As bad of some of the decisions have been, isn’t this one of the reasons why DRS is available?

Easy to say from the comfort of my lounge room, but that Warner dismissal just didn’t look out live. The ball had so far to travel from where it struck him. I understand it being given out, however there was hardly a conversation even.

He just walked off. Same with Lyon’s LBW last night, quick shake of the head from Paine and Lyon and then that’s that. Bad decisions yes, however choosing not to review isn’t the umpires’ fault.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Yes neutral officiating is here to stay. As bad of some of the decisions have been, isn’t this one of the reasons why DRS is available?

Easy to say from the comfort of my lounge room, but that Warner dismissal just didn’t look out live. The ball had so far to travel from where it struck him. I understand it being given out, however there was hardly a conversation even.

He just walked off. Same with Lyon’s LBW last night, quick shake of the head from Paine and Lyon and then that’s that. Bad decisions yes, however choosing not to review isn’t the umpires’ fault.
i dont see the problem with reviewing everything. it's a 5 day sport.

an idea i had was there's unlimited reviews, but there's a punishment in reviewing something ridiculous. like reviewing one that misses the bat by miles costs you 5 runs or something.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
i dont see the problem with reviewing everything. it's a 5 day sport.

an idea i had was there's unlimited reviews, but there's a punishment in reviewing something ridiculous. like reviewing one that misses the bat by miles costs you 5 runs or something.

Interesting concept, however I can’t see that type of reform being necessary just yet.

Take the Warner one for example, I said at the time that they would have been thinking it’s umpires call at worst. Review retained. Surely it was worth reviewing? Or perhaps conferring with your partner about, I didn’t understand how it unfolded. It was like he wanted to come off, he was that disinterested.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Once again, its up to Smith. Top order failed again, openers have barely fired a shot this game.

Ideally they would have eaten into the deficit as much as possible, or even grind out the first ten overs and go from there. But three overs in, the first wicket falls. I'm no fan of Warner and time and again he's shown himself to be a flat track bully. However there aren't many alternatives at the moment.

Big opportunity with Anderson unable to bowl, but to be fair Broad has stepped up. About as good as I've seen him bowl.

Anything around the 180-200 run mark creates a tricky 4th innings chase. Head is good at getting starts and forging 60-80 run partnerships, but doesn't really kick on from there. Someone else needs to get it done as this reliance on Smith, as damn good as he is, is unsustainable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of those five is not like the others
Prince goes down with an average of over 40 and 11 test tons. Was underrated as a batsman.

Onya Wadey! What excuse will Kram have for this Doctor Gero?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Holy crap, didn’t expect that. Even with England a bowler short. And how’s that run rate? 487 from 112 overs, wow.

Smith is phenomenal. Got some great back up this time.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Have we left ourselves enough time to get the 10 wickets. Probably could have come in 20-30 runs sooner and still been in an un-loseable position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back