The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pattinson and Khawaja dropped from the 12 man squad (presumably rested for Pattinson). Siddle or Starc to come in.

Smith back changes the dynamics again, will be great to see him against Archer again.

Broad is seriously good. So is Smith. Great viewing.

Conditions seem good here, wondering what a decent first innings score is. I think 320+ but much of that depends on Smith.

Imagine being a spinner and bowling a no ball when you had the best bat in the world out. Unforgiveable.

Yep, it really is. Spinners just shouldn’t be bowling no balls. Massive let off, that was the tipping point I’d say.

Hard to see England coming back into this test, but then again I said the same thing last match.

Running out of things to say about Smith, the bloke is unbelievable. He’s on track for 800+ runs this series, even having missed the last test.

Yep, it really is. Spinners just shouldn’t be bowling no balls. Massive let off, that was the tipping point I’d say.

Hard to see England coming back into this test, but then again I said the same thing last match.

Running out of things to say about Smith, the bloke is unbelievable. He’s on track for 800+ runs this series, even having missed the last test.
Nobody should but for a bloke coming off 5 steps... Damn.

In all seriousness though it would be exciting if we went to the decider at the oval all square. Hopefully Manchester lives up to its reputation and pisses down all weekend. No one likes to see rain assisted draws but in this instance I think it would be great for all concerned

Smith is in a league of his own this series, there’s him batting. And then everyone else.

England have been terrible at the top of the order, easy pickings. That ball though to get Root was a gem.

I checked the forecast in Manchester and there seems to be no sign of rain today. I can’t see England surviving this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith is in a league of his own this series, there’s him batting. And then everyone else.

England have been terrible at the top of the order, easy pickings. That ball though to get Root was a gem.

I checked the forecast in Manchester and there seems to be no sign of rain today. I can’t see England surviving this one.
Good on ya. You've just put the mozz on us. :)

Team for the last test should be:

Bancroft
Harris
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine (c, +)
Neser
Pattinson
Starc
Lyon

Give Cummins and Haze a rest before a big home summer, Neser probably deserves a debut, and Warner has been atrocious.

Agreed with dripping Warner. Broad absolutely owns him.

So many fast bowling options, the luxury of choice. I’d bring Siddle in ahead of Pattinson, hardly done much wrong and would have many more wickets if his teammates could catch.

Neser bowled well in the tour match and yes it would be a good chance to debut him.

This is a must watch 3 minutes.

It's in these situations that hot spot should be used. Would have been clear as day that the ball hit the bat.

Need to win this. Drawn series is ok by me considering the state of our batting

Interesting decision bringing Marsh in. I take it the logic is that his overs will then ease the workload of a bowler like Cummins?

If that’s the case, surely better off resting Cummins and Siddle in.

Warner should have been dropped ahead of Head. Whilst Head hasn’t converted the starts to a big score, he’s been involved in some handy partnerships especially with Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back