The Association Football Cricket thread

It'll be a miracle if we come out with a draw in this one. Full credit to India who bowled exceptionally well and have been composed with the bat. Aside from Lyon and, at times, Haze, our bowling hasn't even been that bad, our fielding has been BBL-levels of woeful.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It’s a pretty impressive comeback from India after their Adelaide debacle. With no Kohli or Shami, 4 changes to their team etc, was fully expecting them to get routed for the rest of the series.

This current team has a lot more resolve and resilience than their previous teams who have come here. Great innings by Rahane. If they can scratch out another 30 or so runs, the lead is very ominous. Perhaps already is.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ball tracking comes up with some questionable ones now and then. That just looked absolutely plumb, Bumrah has Burns in all sorts. Very unlucky not to have him again.

But now he’s out and wastes a review too.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
This batting line up getting really exposed with Smith out of form. Warner coming back will help, but take out Labuschagne and Smith and this is as bad a top 6 I’ve seen Australia put out in a long time.

Hopefully they prove me wrong yet, but if Head and Green can’t find runs this innings it wouldn’t surprise me if they join Burns in going out for the New Years test.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
So many droppable in that top 6. Could make a case for all bar the main two being dropped. Wade done the team thing going up to open should stay in at 5 or 6.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Feel like this will be Green's Damien Martyn south Africa moment if he doesn't get a score. Could see him out of the side for a while. Hasn't looked comfortable at all in all aspects so far

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Credit to Wade for applying himself from the get go. Head really is all over the shop outside off, gets dismissed a fair bit that way.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There was a sound live, I thought it was out when it happened. Not sure what else that spike on snicko could have been, but then nothing on hot spot at all. Brave decision to overturn that based on the evidence.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Burns and Head go come out of the next test I think. Wade has showed enough opening to deserve a chance in the middle order instead of Head. Warner for Burns is easy enough. Pucovski if right opens with him. I’d probably keep Green to help the bowlers out going deeper into the series and he’s in a no win situation here.

Take away that insane collapse in Adelaide and India have played the better cricket this series and deserve to go 1-1.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
There was a sound live, I thought it was out when it happened. Not sure what else that spike on snicko could have been, but then nothing on hot spot at all. Brave decision to overturn that based on the evidence.
Inconclusive isnt it, noise but no mark.

Surely the batsman gets the benefit of doubt.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Inconclusive isnt it, noise but no mark.

Surely the batsman gets the benefit of doubt.

Usually the batsman do. It was just an odd one, I clearly thought it was out (and still do). However just seems an anomaly of the system that the edge didn’t even register on hot spot.

I can’t see what else it could’ve been, it’s not like he jammed his bat into the ground or his pad etc that caused the spike on snicko. Very strange.

Usually the batsman do. It was just an odd one, I clearly thought it was out (and still do). However just seems an anomaly of the system that the edge didn’t even register on hot spot.

I can’t see what else it could’ve been, it’s not like he jammed his bat into the ground or his pad etc that caused the spike on snicko. Very strange.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Yeah the sound has to have come from somewhere else as if it even feathers the bat a mark will come up with hotspot

Back