The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was absolutely ******* magnificent. Privilege to watch.

One of the greatest wins of all time. Third choice attack takes 20 wickets, and their batsman just got it done against a world class bowling line up on their home deck in a supposedly unwinnable venue.

So so good. One for the ages.

Starc out.
New captain needed.

Exposed two glaring weaknesses
I’m not sure changing the captain achieves much when it would just be going back to the guy who stands next to the current captain all day and was widely criticised for lacking tactically last time he was captain.

Australia still holds this mythical idea of what a captain does/needs to be. There was no difference between how India played with Kohli or Rahane as captain this series.

I understand it probably had more importance in the past, but there are now full time coaches and analysts who spend hour after hour with the squad to discuss tactics and ideas.

I’ll also add that Rahane presenting Lyon a signed shirt for his 100th Test was another touch of class. It was his stage, they earned it. He could’ve stood there and continued to laud his teammates and bask in the glory of victory. But instead he takes a moment to acknowledge Lyon. Genuine class. Loved it.

Fantastic leader with minimal fuss and like his team, just got on with the job without any need to resort to the bullshit that Paine stooped into.

I’ll also add that Rahane presenting Lyon a signed shirt for his 100th Test was another touch of class. It was his stage, they earned it. He could’ve stood there and continued to laud his teammates and bask in the glory of victory. But instead he takes a moment to acknowledge Lyon. Genuine class. Loved it.

Fantastic leader with minimal fuss and like his team, just got on with the job without any need to resort to the bullshit that Paine stooped into.

Next time the two nations meet in a game of cricket, in true Aussie fashion they will probably sledge Rahane by telling him that Lyon flushed the shirt down the toilet.

I’m not sure changing the captain achieves much when it would just be going back to the guy who stands next to the current captain all day and was widely criticised for lacking tactically last time he was captain.

Australia still holds this mythical idea of what a captain does/needs to be. There was no difference between how India played with Kohli or Rahane as captain this series.

I understand it probably had more importance in the past, but there are now full time coaches and analysts who spend hour after hour with the squad to discuss tactics and ideas.
You severely under value the role of captain in the field, and ours is abject

Next time the two nations meet in a game of cricket, in true Aussie fashion they will probably sledge Rahane by telling him that Lyon flushed the shirt down the toilet.

Australia are due to tour India in September 2022. If Paine survives, that’s plenty of time for him to work on his premeditated abuse and “banter”.

Loving the response on twitter from Ashwin and his wife, quality stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back